Chapter 5

I went inside the cave with Thorin, Gandalf, Nori, Gloin, Bofur, and Dwalin. I felt dizzy and fell against the wall.

" Roxanne, it's going to be alright." Gandalf assured me. I nodded and held my shoulder, it was burning and the pain was getting so bad it was getting hard to walk straight.

" Yeah, it's all going to be alright." I muttered to myself. Everything was becoming fuzzy and stretching out. I couldn't feel my fingertips. It was getting difficult to breathe.

"Rox! Rox, were leaving! Let's go!" Dwalin shook me. I nodded my head and followed the dwarves out.

" Somethings coming! Arm yourselves!" I was getting so dizzy I couldn't place who said that. We came to a clearing and somebody was yelling something at us. I saw black and blue spots dancing around in my vision. I leaned against a tree, I didn't know if I could hold on anymore.

" Was that a wolf? Are there wolves out here?"

" Wolf, no that was no wolf."

I hit the ground hard and felt sharp pinpricks in my midsection. Everything was getting bright and hard to see.

Thorin POV

......................

A warg jumped onto Roxanne and sunk its sharp canines into the flesh of her midsection. I ran over and drove my new elvish blade into the beast. I heard a low growl behind me and saw a warg about to pounce me. An arrow brought the warg down and I looked at Kili, he gave a curt nod and I returned it.

" Warg scouts, which means an orc pack is not to far behind." with the help from Dwalin and Fili, I pushed the warg off of Roxanne.

" Orc pack?" Bilbo asked in shock.

Roxanne moaned and tried to stand up, but both the poison and warg wound was affecting her badly.

" I'll draw them off. You get Rox somewhere safe." the brown wizard, who Gandalf called Radagast said.

" These are Gundabad wargs, they will outrun you." Gandalf argued.

" These are Rhosgobel rabbits! I'd like to see them try." Radagast said with a sly smile.

.............................

We were surrounded and Rox was barely able to stand.

" This way you fools!" I heard Gandalf yell. I ran over to a rock formation and saw a cave below. Everyone was down in the cave, everyone except Kili and Roxanne.

" Kili, Rox, run!" I yelled. Kili turned and ran, but Rox was keeping a warg away from her with her sword. It was smoking and Rox waved it around, frightening the warg and its orc rider.

" Roxanne. Come on!" I yelled. She turned and ran. I was horrified when she gripped her shoulder, stumbled and fell. The orc rider raised his spear and Rox tried to reach for her sword. I ran over and sliced off the orc's head.

Roxanne POV

..............................

I fell with dark spots blurring my vision. I felt like I was being lifted up, then falling. I couldn't hold on any longer, it was just a vain attempt.

" Just hold on, stay with us Rox." I could see a faint outline of a person crouching in front of me. I could hear my slowing heartbeat pounding in my eardrums, my legs and arms were numb. I just saw a white light and then, nothing.