Chapter 20 - The Silver Moon

"I have something for you." Geralt thrusted a small pouch into her hands and watched her expectantly.

She eyed him suspiciously, "I'm not going to get my finger bitten off am I?" She asked wearily, loosening the rope around the top.

He raised an eyebrow. She dipped her hand in and her fingers twisted around a chain.

"Geralt, what is this?" She murmured, pulling the chain out of the bag, looking between the chain with a heavy medallion and his soft, warm eyes. she felt her stomach twist in a knot, was the witcher giving her jewelry?

"You're around monsters, you should be wearing silver." He said plainly, his words were dry, a statement, but his eyes were warm as he watched her.

"It's a full moon." She said inspecting the pendant closer, "Just a talisman? It doesn't mean anything else?" She asked, looking at him out of the corner of her eyes. Her heart lurched in her chest. He was referred to as the white wolf. His own talisman was of a wolf howling.The craftsmanship was beautiful and had to of set him back a pretty penny.

"And what would you have it mean?" He asked, taking the necklace from her, moving to clasp the chain around her neck. He rested his hands on her shoulder, his eyes intent on hers.

She looked at him, a moth caught in the burning desire that was his eyes. She tried to find something to say, but she was at a loss of words. He saved her the trouble by pressing his hot, sensual lips firmly against hers. She melted against him. She never tired of touching him, tasting him, feeling him against her. He made her hot, but also made her shiver in delight.

Geralt pulled away and rested his forehead against hers. "It means what you think." He said, lowering his mouth to capture her lips again.

"Well," she started, "I think it means you love me." She said in between kisses.

"Clever woman" He smiled against her lips.

Faye's heart stopped. He loved her. The Witcher, the white wolf, the Butcher of Blaviken, Geralt loved her. She tightly wound her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. Faye's stomach was in knots, she was a giddy school child and felt like a frightened jaded old woman. She loved Geralt, loved him in a way she didn't think was possible, but to have those feelings returned was exhilarating and terrifying. How could this man love her? It was pointless to question it, because she knew, she knew in her heart that it was true.

She broke the kiss to look into his eyes once more. "I'm sure the clever witcher has already discerned that I'm madly in love with him too."

"I've noticed that you're definitely mad."

She rolled her eyes.

"You'd have to be to love a witcher." he admonished.

"I think it's the most sane thing in the world." She said defiantly.

"Geralt, thank you for the necklace, it's beautiful and I'll be sure to burn any monster who gets too close with it." She said, laying her head against his chest.

"Clever lass."

Let me know what you think! I have a lot more to this story, it's just still not all in order yet. Any ideas what the future may hold?