Chapter 51-end

Chapter 51 Meeting again

  It was not easy to meet survivors at this time. Yu Yuan sat by the window and saw the girl smiling at her in a friendly way, and she smiled back.

  They originally thought that this episode would be over, but they didn't expect that when they parked the car in the suburbs and prepared to eat, they ran into this family again.

  They were preparing to light a fire to cook when they saw Yu Yuan's family. The girl's parents and brother had vigilance in their eyes. They covered their food tightly and put it in the car, as if they were afraid that someone would snatch it away.

  When the girl saw a familiar person, she smiled at Yu Yuan, but he slapped her on the back of the head.

  "Why are you laughing? Why don't you hurry up and cook!" the girl's mother cursed with her hands on her hips.

  "It's so slow. I'm so hungry." A chubby boy came out of the car. He looked like he was about twelve or thirteen years old, with an arrogant look on his face. "Sister, you are so slow."

  The girl's father came out with the little boy. After hearing his little son's complaint, he kicked the girl: "Didn't you hear your brother say you are hungry? Hurry up!"

  The girl fell to the ground without making a sound and went back to cooking silently.

  Li Hui and the others frowned, but they didn't step forward to meddle in other people's business.

  They walked farther away, blocked their view with their cars, and started cooking.

  Not long after it was done, another burst of beatings and scoldings came.

  Yu Yuan poked his head out from behind the car and found the girl lying on the ground, being beaten and kicked by her father and brother, while her mother looked on indifferently.

  Even so, the girl didn't make a sound, and was gesturing with her hands quickly. At this time, Yu Yuan suddenly realized that it was not that she didn't make a sound, but that she couldn't make a sound at all.

  Because the girl is mute.

  "Dad, she dared to burn me! Beat her to death!" The harder the girl's father beat her, the happier the girl's brother became. He clapped his hands and jumped up, with viciousness shining in his eyes.

  Blood could be seen under the girl's body, but the girl's father still didn't stop.

  "Okay, she's just a child. She can't talk about anything." Wang Chengfang couldn't hold back and said something helpful.

  "We take care of our own children, what does that have to do with you?" The person who came back turned out to be the girl's mother.

  Yu Yuan saw a hint of gratitude in the girl's desperate and lifeless eyes.

  "You have to have some control over your children. The little girl is both a driver and a cook. She has to work hard without any credit. Aren't she your own child? You still don't want to eat tiger venom. Where are you?" Wang Chengfang said again.

  "Okay, okay, let's eat, don't fight." The girl's mother didn't know what to say, so she could only say to the girl's father and brother.

  The girl's parents and younger brother sat aside and started eating, while the girl lay on the side with no one paying attention to her. It took a long time before she got up and sat down.

  In the end, no one left her a bite to eat.

  The other three people finished eating and got into the car to take a nap. They threw the dirty dishes to the girl to wash and asked her to stay near the car.