Chapter 8 - the pond -

The next morning, Zu and I awoke alone in Betty. Zu looked at me with eyes wide, but we soon found a note saying that the boys were going for a jog.
Chubs jogging? We looked at each other and started laughing.

Just as we were about to brush our teeth, Liam and Chubs came back. When I looked at Liam, his smile widened, I quickly glanced away, hoping no one would notice my blush.

„We found a pond with a waterfall!" Chubs exclaimed. Liam rubbed the sweat from his forehead and smiled at Zu. „Hey Zu, do you fancy some swimming?" the both of them grinned at each other and Zu hopped onto his shoulders. Chubs quickly grabbed some towels and clothes for the four of us, shaking his head at Liam and Zu and locked Betty.

„So, you and Lee?" he asked as we were comfortably walking to the pond. I blushed deep red. „I didn't realise what I was stumbling upon last night, I'm sorry." he continued, ignoring my discomfort.

We reached the pond and watched Zu and Liam having fun in the water. „He likes you, you know. A lot. He's never liked anyone this much. Don't hurt him, okay?" Chubs said before he took of his shirt and joined the others.

He liked me. Liam liked me! I started grinning like a five year old on her birthday. I tried to keep my happy dance to myself and went down the small path to the others.

The waterfall was truly beautiful. Everything there was vibrant with green colours and ... life. „Wow" I mumbled. How beautiful this world was beyond it's residents. I sat down to take my shoes off. I left My underwear and Liams shirt I put on to sleep on. For sleeping I wasn't wearing a bra and although my breasts were rather small, I didn't want anyone here to see them freely.

Liam came up to me and reached for my hand. I took it and he turned around fast, too fast for me, and threw me into the pond. I was soaked an instant and Zu started laughing out loud which made all of us laugh.

The cold water made my lungs burn. I felt so alive and great again. Fresh. Like the fresh start I did with Chubs, Zu and Liam.
Liam swam to me and hugged me closely. „Hey" he murmured into my ear with a raspy voice that gave me goosebumps all over my body.

„Hey" i smiled to him, unsure again. We were so close again and I would have loved to kiss him right then and there, but Chubs and Zu were around and I didn't want them to see something like that. My whole body ached to be this close to him all the time. Still, it wasn't close enough.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my head in the crook of his neck. He slowly swam towards the waterfall, cuddling his hair. I no longer felt the coldness of the air and the water. A heat spread from my centre through my whole body. What was that?
Why did I feel this way all of the sudden? I looked at Liam. His face was equally flushed as mine and he gulped hard before letting me go.

„Uhm.." he scratched the back of his neck „why don't you swim to the others and I'll clean myself off?" he asked, blushing.
I didn't understand but nodded and swam to the others.

After a big water fight we got out of the pond and quickly wrapped our bodies in the towels that Chubs had fortunately thought of. Heaven sent him!
We quickly got dressed in silence and returned to Black Betty.

__________

We had spent the day training and trying to figure out, what E-D-O meant and what it could hint us. So far we had no promising outcome. We were pretty frustrated because of that but Liam tried to cheer us up by singing some songs and dancing with us.

Later that evening, Liam and I went to collect wood for our campfire. He soon grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I smiled up to him as we walked quietly through the woods.