Chapter 9 - kittens -

I stirred. The cold in my bones was gone, but my dizziness returned worse than before. Where was I? Something heavy was on top of me, unsure whether I liked it or not, I tried to rub my eyes, but I was still too weak.

I was lying in a car. That had to be it. It jolted and there was a steady, light vibration around me. How had I got here? And where was Liam?

"Lee?" came softly from my mouth. "Liam? liam!" I exclaimed more surely. Panic spread, I wanted to see Liam, had to see him. Was he okay? I wrenched my eyes open, which I quickly regretted because it was really bright and blinded me momentarily, intensifying my dizziness and headache. I looked up and saw Zu's worried face.

The car stopped on the right and Chubs and Liam came into my field of vision. I exhaled in relief. "Lee!" I was on the verge of tears. When had I become so fragile and weak? After all, I never cried easily? "You're okay! Thank God! I was so scared for you." I said as a tear ran down my face.

He was right beside me, wiping the tear away with his thumb.
„Hey, shhh. It's okay. I'm alright, we all are alright thanks to you." he kissed my cheeks and brushed the strands of hair that fell into my forehead away and gently stroked my hair.

„We were sick worried for YOU! When Liam brought you back, Geez. You looked like a ghost. Never seen someone so pale." Chubs said while Liam continued to stroke my hair gently, afraid he might hurt me.
„How did you do it? In the forest? Pretty impressive what you did up there with that little training." Chubs continued and Zu squeezed my hand lightly.

I was so glad I had them. My new small family. I gave Zu a grateful smile and squeezed her hand back.

„We could take a break soon. Do you want me to stay here with you?" Liam asked quietly. „You can't." cut chubs in „you are the only driver. I can't see things five feet in front of me. And we can't stay here. She's fine. Come on. I don't want another tracer directly behind us." he said reasonable.

Liam looked at me apologetically and brushed his thumb over my cheeks before kissing me lightly on my head „I'm sorry. I'll be right back as soon as we found a suitable place to stay, alright? I'll leave Zu in custody for you. Rest a little longer darlin" he murmured before he left and I cuddled deeper into the blankets that were over me and watched Zu paint something before closing my eyes again.

__________

As I opened my eyes again, the sun was already going down. Someone - Liam - was stroking my back lightly and smiled at me when he saw that I was awake. We were alone.

„Chubs and Zu are collecting some food from a abandoned store. I checked for its safety before, don't worry." he smiled at me „you feeling better, hun?" i nodded.

„I was so afraid for you." I whispered, tears filling my eyes again „i can't lose you." i looked down.
„Hey hey hey" Liam cupped my cheeks „i won't leave you. Not any of you. Not today, not tomorrow and if you don't want to never." he leaned in and brushed his lips past mine before pressing them down on mine.

The kiss was soft, soothing and I wanted to melt into it and stay like this forever. „Can you stay with me tonight? I don't want to sleep alone?" I asked shyly. „Sure" he answered straight to it, „every night possible from now on." he traced little featherlight kisses all over my face as I closed my eyes again and leaned into him.

I was still feeling incredibly weak and vulnerable. I never realised how nice it can be to be vulnerable with someone you could trust deeply.

Zu and Chubs came back sooner that I had wanted them to but Liam didn't leave my side. Chubs gave me a knowingly look and Zu grinned at us to which Liam grinned back.