The Wheels in Motion

I stood in silence before walking over to Oda's side, impatiently waiting for the Sivero's invisibility potion to warn off as I pondered how I could explain the situation without seeming like a fool. 

I leaned against a nearby stone pillar as the Marquess and Count cautiously walked over to their seats. Oda stood awkwardly in front of them before making the decision to kneel. Sir Onorato began cawing as he pointed in my direction. 

I looked down and could watch as I faded into existence, walking slowly as I entered their view. Count Daisuke allowed shock to overtake his face, resulting a wincing pain from the sitting royal. 

"You claimed that you didn't look to cause harm to my son or I, but look at what you've done to him," the Marquess scolded me. 

"If you didn't fear for your own well-being, you'd tell me that this dishonor would cost me greatly..." I smirked, looking him dead in the eyes. 

"Viscountess, I never said-" the Marquess interrupted. 

"No, you thought it, word for word," I stated firmly, "I apologize for dishonoring your son and interrupting his and my knight's duel, but I'm not one to stand around as my loved ones nearly die."

"Likely because its your side of the family that does the killing," Count Daisuke sneered, "And then your father asks favors of us, just because he was the one who discovered the threat from our neighboring nations."

"Has anyone ever questioned how he was able to sneak one of high elf spies into a country of Orcs, Dragonborn, Loxodon, Minotaurs? I knew that soldier well and I can tell you that he was no changeling like Sir Culvandi," I questioned them. 

"We sent our own unit and confirmed the claims that Count Vincent made before we agreed to the peace treaty," Lord Bastian retorted, "If you truly look to bring down your father and take his throne like he claims, then you can do it yourself and keep Ashfall out of your family affairs."

"What? Looking to take his place?" Oda blurted out, quickly straightening himself out again, "I apologize..."

"Let one of my brothers take his place," I nearly spat, "I would be elated if I knew I ever had see that city ever again..."

"Then why take Artemis' Bow if you had no intention of ruling?" Daisuke asked earnestly. 

"I just saw a crossbow on the wall and took it," I admitted, "I understand now what kind of power I wield. I've bathed in the Fountain of Spirit and I've spoken with Lord Titus."

"Sir Onorato, ask your god if the Viscount tells the truth," the Marquess ordered. 

Onorato walked up to me, chirping softly as a bipedal, owl-like deity appeared beside him. The Owlin deity looked surprised when I looked them in the eyes, alarming the Kenku priest as well. 

Onorato looked me in the eyes, questioning if I could hear him. I nodded and he cawed out of shock. 

"What's wrong, Onorato?" Daisuke asked, nearly jumping from his seat. 

"I see his deity and they're wondering where my deity is if I'm able to see them," I announced, "Sir Oda, please go grab Sivero for me. He has the crossbow."

"Of course, my lady" Oda said, running off to where he had last left us. 

"You must have studied the school of divination for many years," the Marquess noted.

"Only a matter of days, actually," I professed, "That was after a spending days working under Master Blacksmith Galmiir."

"I thought that recognized that craftsmanship," Lord Bastian admired, "Not many blacksmiths who have the honor of working with such fine materials."