Chapter 1: Arc I: Orcus Great Labyrinth - Part 01

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ARIFURETA. I DONT OWN THIS FANFICTION I JUST DECIDED TO CONTINUE IT SINCE IT HASN'T BEEN UPDATE SINCE 2018

ARC I: ORCUS GREAT LABYRINTH — Part 01

—»O«—

The death throes that the massive Demonic Beast known as Behemoth echoed soon ceased. The stone bridge made a huge rattling noise as it crumbled. Nagumo Hajime disappeared into the abyss along with the rubble. That sight played in slow motion and it filled her with despair.

Kaori was a typical pretty girl about 17 years old. She had long glossy black hair that reached her waist, and large slightly weeping eyes that conveyed a sense of gentleness. She had a straight bridge nose that was small, and thin lips of Sakura colors arranged to perfection. A girl with the endless smile, she is very caring and has a strong sense of responsibility that often people, regardless of the school year, rely on her help. She is always seen with a sincere expression without any unpleasantness, which is why it is hard to believe she was just a high school student.

At that moment, however, the usually gentle girl was anything but. She was in hysteria as she tried to break the holds on her body by her friends, who were also summoned into this other world called Tortus to fight a war against Demons, which didn't have any relation with them whatsoever.

In her head, the previous night's event repeatedly played in her mind. In the room illuminated by the moonlight, she sat here chatting with Hajime while they drank the fake black tea. That was the first time they had talked so in depth with each other. Being driven by her nightmares, she paid a sudden visit to Hajime. Even if he was surprised, he had talked to her truthfully.

After a bit, she noticed that talking to him had erased her uneasiness. She returned to her room in a jubilant mood. When she arrived back at her room, she noticed how boldly she was dressed and she writhe in shame. Kaori felt depressed because Hajime had not even reacted, in her eyes, to her looks. She felt she had no appeal. When Kaori saw Shizuku caught her making a funny facial expression, she wanted to pretend it never happened.

On that night, the most important occurrence was the promise she made to "protect Hajime". The promise that Hajime mentioned to relieve Kaori of her anxiety, but Hajime disappeared into the abyss, as she stared at him, doing nothing and breaking her promise. She kept recalling that memory over and over again. Somewhere in the distance, a scream can be heard. When Kaori noticed that the voice belonged to her, she grimaced as she was quickly brought back to reality.

"Let me go! I need to go to Nagumo-kun!"

Yaegashi Shizuku and Amanogawa Kouki had to restrain her because Kaori looked like she would just jump after him.

Yaegashi Shizuku was Kaori's best friend. Her trademark was her long black hair done in a ponytail. Her slightly slitted eyes were sharp, but in the depths, there is a feeling of softness, this gives her the impression of being cool rather than cold. She was tall for a girl at 172 cm, her posture and physique was very dignified and it was similar to how a samurai was. In fact, her family is in ownership of a Kenjutsu(Sword Art) dojo. Shizuku herself is a veteran of her family style. Since she was a child, she had never lost in a tournament. Currently, she appears in magazines as the "Beautiful Swordswoman", she even has some diehard fans. Back in their normal life in their original world, the underclasswomen would call her "Onee-sama (big sister)" because of their admiration.

Meanwhile, Amanogawa Kouki was a boy who could be called the stereotypical popular boy with good looks, athletic body, a smart mind and good personality. He had silky brown hair and gentle eyes. His body was toned and slender at about 180 cm. Kouki was nice to everyone and had a very strong sense of justice. Since he was small he attended the Yaegashi Kenjutsu dojo. Like Shizuku, he was a national level athlete. Shizuku and he are childhood friends. Dozens of girls have fallen for him, but he is always close to Kaori and Shizuku so the other girls are hesitant to confess their feelings. Still, he was a very popular guy back in Japan, the boy who got confessed to at least twice a month from all over.