Chapter 5: Arc I: Orcus Great Labyrinth - Part 05

DISCLAIMER IN THE FIRST CHAPTER

ARC I: ORCUS GREAT LABYRINTH - Part 05

-»O«-

The former Queen of the Vampire stirred when the unfamiliar light pierced through her eyelids. For a moment, she thought it was only the hallucination. But...

"A...person?"

She blinked when she heard the confused voice. From the deep tone, it belonged to man. She was unsure if her mind was playing trick again or not, but she collected her courage, and her eyes focused on the light through her messy golden hair. When he saw a white-haired red-eyed boy got close and froze at her sight, she realized it wasn't a hallucination. Her eyes drank the boy's appearance like someone who had been lost in the vast desert and finally found an oasis.

There was another voice in the light's direction, behind the boy, snapping them from their freezing spell.

"W-Wait...! Please...! Help me..." How long had it been since she spoke last time? Her throat was parched. It was painful to speak, but she endured the pain for her only hope to leave this damned darkness.

"Don't wanna." Her hope almost crushed when she heard that curt, heartless reply, but she desperately held herself together. She didn't know if she had another chance after this young man's appearance.

She knew the danger of this Labyrinth, created by the Mavericks who wished to bring chaos and destruction to the world. It was what she believed from her study in past. So, someone who could step on this floor was very strong. The lower place of this dungeon was filled with freaks and monsters, and only someone who was beyond comprehension could venture this far.

"Wh-Why... Please..." She really was desperate. Though she could barely move her neck, she still raised her face up to look at the boy. She needn't let this chance go. Tears threatened to spill out. Tears she didn't know she still had. The red eyes flashed.

"I'll do anything, so..." She pleaded. Shame threatened to crush her heart because she must lower herself to plead like a common beggar. Though formerly, she was still a queen of her people, a royalty, before that person betrayed her. She held back the instinctive need to writhe for offering such outrageous thing. However, if it meant her freedom from this accursed place, she would really go with her promise, even though she would demean herself. At least, it was better than being trapped in here forever. How long had she been down here? Why was she condemned to this nightmare?

The boy stopped, a small light filled her heart, and hope was still present. It was all but crushed with the next argument he spoke.

"You know, I really doubt it'd be a good idea to free someone that's clearly been sealed all the way down here in the deepest pits of hell. That just spells trouble. As far as I can tell there's nothing but the seal in here... and it doesn't look like that'll help my escape at all, so..." It was a fair argument, so fair that she lost how to appeal him. She had prepared herself to be nothing but his plaything or his mere tool, ignoring her pride that fought against her bold decision.

Though he had refused her so bluntly, the girl continued hopelessly calling out for help, trying to appeal desperately. "No! *Cough*... I-I'm not anyone bad...! Please wait! I..."

He almost arrived at the door; he continued his step unhindered, ignoring her desperate plea for help. His body slowly became smaller as he walked to the light. So far away. She would lose her only chance to leave this place. She didn't know how long she would wait for the next person to arrive in this depth...

...Ah! She felt despair she once experienced again when that person she trusted the most betrayed her. She was always betrayed. Even her hope betrayed her in the moment of her utmost need.