Chapter 6: Arc I: Orcus Great Labyrinth - Part 06

DISCLAIMER IS IN THE FIRST CHAPTER!

ARC I: ORCUS GREAT LABYRINTH — PART 06

—»O«—

"Ahh...ugh!" Hajime felt something is strange when Yue suddenly dropped down the floor and made that painful sound. The former Vampire Queen had stopped moving after crumbling down the floor. At first, he thought it was because she was feeling tired. He immediately got close and asked Yue what happened to her.

"Hey! Are you fine? What happened?" Hajime shook her small shoulder and got a painful grunt from the vampire as the answer. He flipped her body carefully and his pupils shrunk when he saw the change in Yue's body. A pulsating red vein-like tattoo was spreading from her stomach, crawling on her smooth, pale skin. It seems that Yue also "demonized" like him and his girls. Morbidly, Hajime watched the transformation. He didn't know about that because he couldn't watch himself when he was transformed, and his girls had transformed when he wasn't with them.

The scene caught Kaori and Shizuku's attention. They got close immediately and watched the transformation closely.

"Is she transforming like us? But, isn't a vampire is supposedly a demon in the first place?" Shizuku gave Hajime side glance through her pure white bangs; her red eyes shone with a curious glint. Kaori watched silently, but her red eyes watched Yue's writhing form with a look that's likely saying "Serve you good, you bitch!"

It was a look that the old, gentle Kaori wouldn't ever make even to her hated enemy. It told her companions how much she had changed. She also held a grudge towards the vampire because she had taken Hajime's first kiss. Kaori knew that the kiss she had with Hajime when she helped him drinking «Ambrosia» couldn't be counted on for obvious reason.

Hajime shook his head, clearly confused. He wasn't sure what happened to Yue. It was clear that she was changing, just like them. However, it gave them more questions they don't know the answer of. A vampire was classified as the demon and they didn't have a problem with eating Demonic Beast like the human. As the matter of fact, Demonic Beast was the Demonfolk main nourishment because of the mana within. The Yue's transformation was certainly unprecedented.

"Honestly, I don't know." Hajime shook his head helplessly. He continued watching the process until the end. He felt pity for Yue because he knew how painful the transformation was. Furthermore, Yue didn't seem in good condition from her long sealing, though, he didn't feel worried deeply because her Automatic Regeneration would keep her alive.

Finally, the transformation finished. The red vein-like tattoo was covering Yue's skin, except her face. Her golden hair became paler, giving the shade of color closer to her namesake. Her body slumped like a marionette which the string had been cut and her eyelids closed, covering her unfocused red eyes.

"Well, that's it." Hajime looked in the darkness. Since they were trapped in the room, they needed to know how to leave the room. His «Sense Presence» didn't feel other threat after the Twin-tailed Scorpion; it was the last safety measure to keep Yue in this place. They were safe, for now. "Let's take a break here until Yue's awoke."

Kaori nodded her head, agreeing with his decision easily. Meanwhile, Shizuku stood up and took a «Glowstone» from her makeshift satchel from the Twin-tailed Wolves fur.

"I'm going to look around. Maybe, there is something interesting in this place." Shizuku spoke before walking around with the help of the light provided by the stone.

Left by Shizuku, Hajime and Kaori stayed next to the unconscious Yue. For Hajime, he wanted to wait until Yue woke up. Yue had become one of his companions. Though he didn't fully trust her yet, she had shown that she trusted him by leaving her fate in his hand earlier. He would give the vampire a benefit of doubt. On the other hand, Kaori stayed next to Yue because of Hajime. The healer wouldn't mind if the vampire disappear. As the matter of fact, she felt she was threatened by Yue, not her life but her position as Hajime's first woman.