Broken Ribs For You 10

It's Monday and we're a quarter of the way through the day

It's Monday and we're a quarter of the way through the day. We all sat beside each other in our second period as I filled in five different papers of what's supposed to be a group project. I was the only one who really understood Environmental science anyways. "What do you think Gen?" Michael asked, bumping into me. I looked up from the papers and was confused. "The fair, on Saturday. Are you coming?" I nodded as I handed them all their papers to write their names on. "It's the state fair, we need slips for that Mickey." I reminded him as I signed my own name. "It should be easy to get on, we're fours." Aveeana shrugged.

"No, we need slips from our coaches and I already know Ms. Alastair won't sign mine." Luna leaned back and put her legs on Michael's lap. "Ms. Webb won't sign mine either. My aims have been kind of off lately," She said. "Mr. Lynx is definitely going to sign mine. I never lose a round." Cain bragged as he slowly woke up from the nap he was taking. His head was still in his arms on his desk as he looked up to me. I smiled before looking away to Michael.
"Looks like it's just Cain Aveeana and I then. Mr. Madden loves me and we all know Aveeana never lacks in soccer." Aveeana leaned in and gave Michael a high five.

"That's fine, me and Gen will just have the best night out without you guys. Right Gen?" Luna asked. I blew her a kiss to confirm.

Shivers ran up my back when I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked down to see Cain's hand massaging my thigh. His eyes were closed again as he rested his head on his desk. His beaded and metal bracelets were cold against my skin. I looked back up to Luna and acted as if I didn't know my face was flushed. I didn't wear tights today because I was almost late and I don't regret it. His fingers grazed my inner thigh and I felt my breath get caught in my throat.

I wasn't a stranger to physical touch. However I was a stranger to physical touch by someone I know and am growing to care about. "Alright class, turn in your assignments and pack up. This is also a reminder tomorrow is psych day and it is mandatory. If you miss it, that's fine. What won't be fine is the detention you'll gain." Mr. Lore explained so snarky. I looked over to Cain and noticed his hand on my thigh stopped moving. I ran my hand through his hair and he still didn't wake up.

"Get up Mr. Black this isn't the time to sleep." Mr. Lore called out to him. His eyes stayed shut but his hand squeezed my thigh. "He's up, Mr. Lore, just resting his eyes." Cain cracked a smile before sitting up. Luna, Michael and Aveeana were already up front turning in their assignments.

We stood up and grabbed our backpacks before walking up to him and handing in our assignments. He gave Cain a stern look before looking down at our papers. We walked away following them out the door. I hugged Michael tightly. "I'll see you at lunch." He said, kissing my head. Cain and I walked the opposite direction. My ballet class was only two doors down so we stopped fast enough. I stood in front of him and fixed his hair. "I'll see you in the dean's office." I told him. "And no sleeping." I reminded him before hugging him tight. "And no sleeping, got it sweetheart."