Mrs and Mr D'auraville 16

The Friday

The Friday

I was startled out of my sleep when the dorm room door swung open and the sound of a loud bell rang over and over. I sat up to see one of those nuns. "Awaken from your slumber ; Réveillez-vous de votre sommeil. You have twenty minutes to meet in the hall ; Vous avez vingt minutes pour vous rencontrer dans le hall." The nun repeated twice and continued ringing the bell before she moved on to the next dorm. I looked over to see Aveeana in Luna's bed rubbing her eyes. I panicked as I remembered Luna was in Michael's dorm.

"Aveeana get up, we have to call Luna." I shouted as I got out of bed and looked for my phone. "I have to get to my dorm before they realize I'm not supposed to be here." She said as she pulled her shirt back on. I found my phone and immediately called Luna but it went straight to voicemail. "Why are they even waking us up?" Aveeana shrugged as she got out of bed. The sound of the door slamming shut caught my attention. Luna had rushed in and stood out of breath with her dress covering her chest as she had no bra on.

"Someone had a fun night." Aveeana laughed as Luna opened the door. "Get the fuck out Ana." She said, rolling her eyes. "Why are the nuns waking us up? And why do we only have twenty minutes to get ready?" I asked as Aveeana left and I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Luna came in behind me with the dress out of sight and her forearm covering her breast. "They never tell us in advance but it's most likely parents' attendance day." She sighed as my eyes went wide.

"My mom is going to be here?" I looked at myself in the mirror. Most of Yara's scratches were gone but some were still noticeable. I knew my mother would freak out. "And if you have siblings they can come too." Which was worse because Genesis immediately would guess I was in a fight. "I'm so not ready for this." Luna whispered. We brushed our teeth and got into uniform. I wore sneakers in case I had to run away from my father's unbearable amount of talking.

I did a prayer and we both took a deep breath before walking out to the main hall. The principal was already speaking as students surrounded him and nuns stood behind him. "And level four you will meet your parents in the cafeteria." As he said that I crossed my arms looking over at Luna when I felt an arm over my shoulder. I turned and looked up to see Cain next to me, while Michael stood beside him. Cain kept his gaze on the principal as if his arm wasn't really around me so I did the same.

"You will only have the third period and the seventh period today. In between you'll show your parents around. Most of you have your extracurricular activities during third period class and your parents will join you. For the rest of you, you'll show your extracurricular activities to your parents during another time slot. You will attend seventh period classes as normal as your parents will then leave. Go on, go say hello to your parents for the last time because your parents will not be allowed on campus again."

"Where's Aveeana?" I asked as I looked around us. "Her parents never visit so she's probably still in her dorm." Cain told me as I watched the other kids begin to find their parents. "That's because her parents would tell us she's not allowed any visitors." I mumbled to myself in disbelief. Though what she did was wrong there's no need to not see her again.