ten

NOVEMBER

The days had seemed to go back to normal for Sage, She'd carve out the time to go to her brothers house, and slowly began speaking to Paul and Jared again. Shed begun speaking to Kim, Jared's girlfriend who knew of the boy's secret, to try and wrap her head around it seeing as Kim herself was still processing. The two girls quickly discovered they were more alike than they previously believed.

At an appointment with her psychiatrist, Sage found herself holding a brand new prescription she was to begin the next morning, the doctors way of weening her off the heavier anti-psychotic per the girls wishes. She lightly skipped out the door to Emily, who'd stolen Sam's truck for a girls day in Port Angeles, immediately connecting the bluetooth to her phone once she was properly buckled. "new meds?"

"yea, the last ones stopped working so i start taking these tomorrow." Emily hummed lightly as she began driving the truck to a rundown strip mall. Sage was quickly searched her music library before grinning as she pressed misery business immediately mimicking the intro. Car rides with Emily were always filled with terrible singing and laughter, Emily had somehow formed into the kind of woman Sage needed in her life, a mother and sister rolled into one person. Emily had become the only person Sage could imagine marrying Sam, they balanced each other out and fit together as well as the moon and the stars. As of some higher being had created them with the other in mind.

After four hours of spending all the money they could they waltzed into Emily's with their hands filled with bags and smiles gracing their faces. When Sam spotted the amount of bags his face dropped a little bit causing Jared and Paul to look at the two girls and laugh. "How much did you guys spend?"

"Relax Sammy boy, we went to thrift stores. so if anything we saved you money." Sage dropped her bags by the couch and patted her big brothers head as she collapsed on the couch as Sam counted the amount of bags.

"Boys and money, am i right Sage?" Emily smiled at the young girl as she began bringing her bags up stairs.

"So right Em." Sage looked away at the TV then between Jared and Paul. "Can you one you bring my bags up to my room please. my feet hurt."

The young girl threw in a small pout for extra measure only to smile as Paul picked up the bags and started towards her room. "you're amazing."

"yea yea." Sage smiled wider as she turned back to the TV, missing the smile that graced Pauls face and the look shared between Sam and Jared.

With Bella in some kind of depression spiral, the younger girl couldn't find the time to tell Charlie her plans to move in with Sam. The snow had found a permanent place on the ground by December and the young girl found herself watching it fall out of the small kitchen window when Charlie walked towards the coffee pot.

"Pauls been coming around a lot again." The young girl turned to him with furrowed brows.

"Yea, we've become friends again with how much time he spends at Sam's." Charlie watched as she turned her focus back to the window and let out a deep breath.

"Okay, you've clearly wanted to tell me something for awhile now, what is it?" Sage froze and slowly turned to the older man.

"Its not important Charlie."

"Sage." The girl puffed out her cheeks and looked anywhere but Charlie. "Just tell me."

she let the air escape her mouth and finally looked at Charlie's face, taking in how much the past four months had affected him. "Sam told me i could move in with him, and i know the timing isn't great because you're already under so much stress with everything Bella's going through, we can hold it off a little longer because you definitely need the sleep and with her nightmares you already aren't getting a lot—"