sixteen

Sam was forcing the boys to patrol again. He'd apparently gotten scared they got careless with the Cullen's gone, forgetting that they weren't the only clan in the world. So far they'd discovered an abandoned Camp, which obviously meant all hands of deck, leading Emily and Sage to invite Kim over for cheesy movies and terrible manicures.

Though the only person who got a bad manicure was Emily, who'd been forced to let Sage paint her nails. Once the youngest girl was done the skin surrounding Emily's nail was also painted the olive green she'd picked out. They even took advantage of the lack of rain, laying in the back yard as the two teenagers told Emily everything going on at the school. When the boys got back the three girls had worked their way back inside, and were busy planning an actual girls trip. Sage heard them talking about how they took down a vampire and shushed them. "Thats gross, shut up."

Paul smiled as he went sit beside her, and the other four boys stared at her with slight offense.

"its cool, not gross. if anything you're gross."

"Jared i've seen how you live, shut up." the boys laughed lightly as Paul set a hand on the girls right thigh, causing her to look at him, with a raised brow.

"What, Lahote?"

"I dont even get a smile? I could've died."

"you're alive aren't you? We're trying to plan a day away from you dogs."

"I think you wanna hear about our day."

"okay, let's hear it." Paul looked towards Jacob causing Sage to do the same.

"The vampire was after Bella." Sage looked between the boys.

"Did she see you? If she did she'll probably tell Charlie." Jacob scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

"She won't."

"Its not like she knows the wolves are actually people, Jacob. To her, you're just overgrown wolves easily mistaken for a bear. Bears attack people like the dead hiker."

"we dont know he's dead." Embry was the one who cut in, acting as an eternal optimist.

"Bry, you found his camp and then a vampire roaming the area, unless he's been turned. He's dead." Sam let out a deep breath and looked between all the teenagers.

"Alright enough, my head is pounding."

"Take ibuprofen, Sherlock." Sam sent Sage a pointed look causing her to smile at him, which lead to everyone else laughing lightly.

As the days continued the number of attacks increased, meaning the boys were only at Emily's for a quick lunch or dinner in Paul and Sam's case.  At some point Jacob had been forced to cut ties with Bella face to face, which only led to Sage's phone blowing up with texts from Charlie, asking her to tell him if Sam does anything illegal. Which caused her to toss her phone away from her. Sage had no doubt Jacob had shared his distaste for Sam with Bella before he shifted, and she also had no doubt Bella brought everything he said up to Charlie.

The attacks continued, but one one of the boys had a price on their head. Sage and Emily started having a hard time sleeping when they were out at night, and during the day they were pacing the wood floors of the living room while ignoring everything they planned as a distraction. Eventually the girls got tired of doing absolutely nothing and just started muffins. After all, the boys loved them and they were completely out. After the second batch finished Sage heard a door slam and her brows furrowed, even when she heard Jared and Embry. They hadn't left in a vehicle, so why were they coming back in one.