thirty-two

Collin and Brady were annoying the hell out of Sage. The two middle schoolers had elected to talk her ear off the second they were brought to Sam's for the first time. Emily had run to the store, leaving her alone to babysit them as the older boys were patrolling.

"Sage! Is it true someone in forks got a boob job?" Bradys voice was enthusiastic and high pitched— in a typical 13 year old boy fashion.

"Brady! I dont know. Shut up and eat your Cereal or I'm making you clean the gutters." Okay maybe Brady was more of the talker, Collin just elected to staring at the girl.

"Collin, I swear if your eyes dont move to the bowl and spoon in front of you I'm making you polish the floors." The boys eyes widened as he turned to his food, causing Sage to smirk as she sat on the island. Maybe she was better at baby sitting than she thought.

"I thought Emily was making Cinnamon rolls?"

"Emily isn't here so your stuck with my breakfast options."

"But what about those muffins the other boys always talk about?" Sage clenched her jaw and took a deep breath. She absolutely hated energetic kids.

"She makes those later in the day. You guys need to eat or your parents are gonna kill me." The both looked at each other and sighed before focusing on eating, causing Sage to immediately pull out her phone and send a text to Paul.

If i'm ever left alone with these pre-pubescent toddlers again I'm gonna kill myself.

She set her phone to the side after pressing send and watching the youngest shifters with raised brows, waiting for one of them to open their mouths.

"I just think-" She sent Brady a look causing him to look back down at his bowl. Emily slowly walked through the door, slightly concerned as to why the two kids were so quite. When Sage saw her she let out a breath of relief.

"Emily never leave me alone again, Im never having kids. They talk so much." Emily sent her a pointed look.

"Sage, do you know how much you talk?"

"I'm such a quiet person it hurts." Emily let out an amused laugh, and gently pat the top of the girls head before disappearing into the kitchen. Sage just shrugged her shoulders and grabbed her bag of marshmallows, returning to eating them as she stared the boys down.

"Sage this is not a military bootcamp, leave the kids alone." Sage huffed and walked off to the living room, immediately putting on pride and prejudice. When the boys rushed through the front door Sage stared at them with wide eyes.

"Where's the fire, and who won the race?" Paul just smiled as he pushed Seths shoulder, before walking over to the girl and stealing a marshmallow.

"What was that text about?"

"Your warning that if you want kids you better find someone else." Paul let out an amused huff of air before sitting next to her, letting her lay her legs across his lap as his hand held her thighs. She heard Collin, Brady, and Seth making gagging and kissy sounds, causing her to grab a squeaky ball from behind a throw pillow and throw it towards the young teens.

"Go fetch, you mutts." She heard Embry and Quil share as laugh causing her to smirk as she kept her gaze on the tv.

She didn't realize she had fallen asleep, but by the time she came to, the living room was crowded as the wolves began to discuss some of their own strategy, as well as telling Collin and Brady their responsibilities as the reservation guards. The girl groaned and moved a throw pillow over her head, only for her wrist to be hit and a low squeak to be heard.