Quandary

The first thing Papyrus did was coax Sans to him. He seemed far too skittish for an adult turned child, so it took a solid hour to lure him out of his hiding spot on the stairs and show him that Papyrus wasn't a scary monster, but rather the opposite. The dialect Sans spoke was one that Papyrus didn't know, but it was familiar. It made him feel scared and uneasy. He couldn't get Sans to stop speaking it though, whenever he did talk. So, with reluctance, he made Sans a hotdog and cut it up for him to eat on the couch so he could call Alphys. "H-hello? P-Papyrus?"
"Something Went Wrong, Doctor. I Need You To Fix It Immediately." Papyrus spoke into the phone quietly, as not to startle his brother. "What? W-what happened?" That was a great question, one he had hoped Alphys might be able to answer. "That's What I Would Like You To Find Out And Reverse, Alphys. I Am Bringing Him Over As Soon As He Is Done Eating." He hung up the phone and looked to Sans. Sans looked helplessly at Papyrus, seemingly perplexed by the one food he loved, and that perplexed Papyrus. 

🥼🥼🥼

It took more time than expected to get Sans to eat it- like he didn't trust the food. It wasn't until Papyrus ate one himself that Sans hesitantly took a piece of the hotdog and... licked it. That was all he did before putting it back on the plate. Sans gave him an absolutely miserable stare as he tried to talk to Papyrus in that language again. "It Is Safe, I Just Showed You!" Sans flinched and tried to hide away, knocking over the plate, losing the hotdog in the process. "No, No! It's Alright, I Won't Hurt You..." Papyrus didn't understand. Why was Sans so scared of everything? So scared of him? It was like he didn't remember being an adult- "We Need To Get You To Dr. Alphys Right Way..." Papyrus had Sans watch as he made him a new hotdog and cut it up before putting it in a plastic bag. He tried to pick Sans up, but he was still scared after Papyrus had gotten to loud and flinched away. "Oh Dear Brother..." Papyrus wasn't quipped for handling skittish children. He was loud, eccentric- good with kids like MK! Not this... He wasn't sure how to solve this quandary. 

🥼🥼🥼

Turns out, that Sans still followed him around, even if he was scared to be picked up. Sans followed Papyrus as he paced all around the house, at a loss for what to do. With this new information, all Papyrus had to do was pull out his old boots that Sans had kept from when he was younger and helped Sans- with some difficulty- put them on. He handed Sans his jacket before they started to go through Snowdin and to the boat. There was no qualms with getting in the boat- it was probably the most relaxed he'd seen Sans since this started. Sans almost seemed sad to leave the boat, watching the Riverperson as they walked away. When he turned and saw the lab though... It didn't take long for Papyrus to find out Sans wasn't following him anymore. When he turned to see what his brother was doing, he was just gone. "SANS?!" Papyrus ran to find his little/big brother. Oh he should have known, Sans hated the Lab, he should have known Sans would run! He couldn't have gone far, but... Where was he now? How was he supposed to find him?