A Bit of Trust

Eventually, Sans did wander over, and Grillby offered him a snack in the form of cheese and crackers. Sans avoided those for now, though Grillby assured him that Sans would start to eat when he deemed it safe. The toys that were left out were a different story. Sans seemed happy to explore the rubix cube and the crayons and paper. Once he got the hang of them, Sans started to actually draw and color with them. "It's Nice... Seeing Him Be An Actual Kid For Once... How Relieving..." Papyrus mentioned. Grillby hummed and nodded. "It's good, though. You're doing good with him." He reassured once more. "The more you treat him like a normal kid, the more he'll act like one. remember that." Papyrus nodded quickly as Sans wandered over and took a cracker before reluctantly starting to monch on it. "I Will, Grillby... Thank You So Much For Everything..." Papyrus let Sans finish his snack before taking him back home in the blanket he'd come in. Grillby started to clean up, putting away the tray and picking up the toy and drawing. It was of him and a tall figure in a red scarf. They were smiling. Yes, Papyrus was doing a fine job indeed.

🥼🥼🥼

Papyrus got a text update from Alphys. Getting Sans back to his age was a work in progress, but Papyrus had figured as much. He had set Sans on the couch and asked him to stay before getting some stuff from his room. Things he hadn't really needed, but he was glad he kept. There were a few children's books, including his all Tim favorite bedtime story and all sorts of flash cards and old work sheets to help him study when he was little. He remembered Sans printing them out just for him. "Would You Like To Start Learning Words, Sans?" Just as Grillby had said, Sans grew excited and scooched closer eagerly. Papyrus laughed his usual "Nyeh Heh Heh!" Before he picked up a set of flash cards and started to go through them with Sans. His brother was a quick learner, as he had always been. He tried to ask questions, but Papyrus didn't understand the language. Still, he tried his best to try to respond to whatever Sans was trying to say. Eventually, Sans got tired again and leaned into Papyrus for his nap. Papyrus didn't make a move to stop him.

🥼🥼🥼

Before Papyrus knew it, someone was waking him up, slamming on the door so much he could hear the wood creek under the pressure. Sans was gripping him tightly, sockets wide and black with fear. Papyrus reassured him that it would be ok that he wouldn't let anything happen to him. Papyrus then got up and went to the door, annoyed. Sans had been doing good. He'd been relaxed! "Hello- Undyne?" The fish woman smiled her sharp smile. "Hey punk! You're late for training!" She barked out. "Oh- Oh Right! I'd Forgotten, I Was So Busy- I Won't Be Able To Make It For A Bit. Something Happened And- Well, I Kind Of Need You To Leave..." He rubbed the back of his skull while Undyne frowned. "You're skipping out on me, punk?! What the hell!" Papyrus gestured frantically. I-IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! I SWEAR, BUT UNTIL SANS IS HIMSELF AGAIN-" Undyne perked and peeked past Papyrus. "Of course this is about that nerd- were is the damn punk, I'll make him understand that you aren't his personal butler -" Papyrus blocked her. "It's Not Like That. You Will Leave, Undyne. Now." Papyrus closed the door on her and went to comfort Sans... wherever he went.