Killer Chicken

I slowly gain consciousness and feel rocks press into my back and hear gun shots far in the distance.

That's not right. What the fuck I was in my appartment last I checked, where the fuck am I now. I open my eyes and look around. I can see some damaged buildings. At least I think they're buildings, I can't really see properly because my visions blurry.

I blink a couple of times to clear my vision. There's some slight pain as i blink, but i ignore it for now. Yep, those are buildings. What the fuck, how did I get here? Where is here?

"That's what I'd like to know."

I sit up quickly and jerk my head around, trying to locate the source of the voice, but there's nothing there. There's no one around me.

"Where are you? Who are you?" I ask, scooting against the wall to try and hide, pushing through some trash and glass as I do so.

"That's not going to work dumbass." I can hear the eye roll woven into the condescending tone.

"Who are you?" I can't see anything beside the buildings surrounding me. Where the fuck is he. I can't tell where the voice is coming from.

"I'm the person you decided to play body snatcher with." The voice says. Now that im paying attention, it's way too clear and coherent to be coming from outside my head and it doesn't have a direct source.

"WHAT!" I shout as his words sink in. Body snatcher? I didn't snatch anyone's body. How would I even do that?

I look down at my hands as if to prove that i didn't do it, but all I see is chiped white bone.

A skeleton.

"Oh God, what happened to me!?" I can tell that my voice is shaky, but I don't care, I know I'm not a skeleton. I am human, and I have skin and hair and organs. Where did all of that go?

"Whoa, calm down, kid. You'll attract unwanted attention. " I realize that id started hyperventilating at some point. I try to calm down. I'm not dead, I don't think so at least, and I don't think I'm injured besides the dull pain in my head. All I have to do is calm down. I take a few deep breaths, and after a minute or so, i refocus on the voice's words and shove the rest of my panic deep inside my mind.

"...and I'm not sure what's going on, but you need to breath before you bring the guards down on us, i have a brother to take care of i can't get caught right now and... oh, you're back." He sounds flustered at being caught ranting.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't mean to panic like that." I say out loud, feeling embarrassed that someone saw me break down like that.

"It's all cool, kid." His says casually. "Now, can you tell me what you're doing in my body?" His tone turns sharp when he asks the question, the opposite of his gentle comfort earlier.

"I.. I don't know. I was just eating dinner, and then I woke up here. " I pull my knees... I mean his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. This isn't my body I shouldn't get comfortable with it.

"Uh huh, and just who are you?" I can tell by his tone that he doesn't really believe me.

"Oh, my name is Ace. Who are you?" I peek over my... their knees... as if I that would let me see the voice. He doesn't answer for a bit, I'm starting to get a little nervous.

"The names Sans, Sans the Skeleton. Where were you before you woke up?" His tone is less sharp, but he sounds more accusatory now.

"I was in my apartment eating chicken Alfredo, it was a friday because fridays are always chicken night" I think back to what I can remember from dinner. "...and then I started choking..."