Trashy Jokes

I grab onto the edge of the dumpster and pull myself up onto the edge. The dumpster is pretty full. There seems to be a lot of trash in here. hopefully, there's not too much glass inside. I look down at our sneakers. The sole seems pretty thick, so we should be good.

I swing my legs over the side and carefully step down into the dumpster.

"When you get done, look around and see if you can find my bag." Sans says after I drop into the dumpster.

I nod and start moving bags and stuff, so I have an idea of what's in here. "Do you know where we are?" I ask sans. If I know what's around us, I'll have an even better idea as to what's in here.

"I think We're near the old bar and bakery. They shut down a week or so ago because of the attacks. Maybe they threw some stuff out." His voice is fond and reminiscent.

I nod. That's if it hasn't already been looted. Most of these bags seem intact, so I don't think anyone's been here yet

Grabbing the closest bag, I tear it open. Inside is nothing but garbage. I don't think there's anything salvageable in this one. I'm digging through it just to be sure before I toss it aside and grab the next one, tearing it open.

"Hey, did they have a gift shop?" I ask, looking in the torn bag.

"Yeah, why... oh yeah, we might want to grab some of that." He sounds amused, but I can senses his appreciation for finding a stash like this.

Inside the bag is an assortment of novelty clothes and accessories. The shops logo is printed on everything, but it all seems to be in good condition. They must have been really popular if they had the funds for a gift shop.

"Oh yeah, humans came from all over to experience monster cuisine." His tone turns sad, "at least until everyone started fighting."

I toss the bag out and beside the dumpster so we can go through it when we get done.

"What do you mean by that? The fighting?" Hopefully, I can figure out what kind of universe this is. So far, it seems like a pre-war AU.

"There was an explosion, and neither side would fess up to it. It's slowly gotten worse with both sides attacking each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they declared war soon. It's not so bad in other places. We just happen to be in the heart of it, " he growls angrily.

He keeps explaining while i dog through a few boxes. "The royal family are trying to keep the peace right now, but they've also been holed up in their castle."

"From what you've told me, this sounds like an au I made back as a human. If it is, then it's my fault you guys are suffering." The next three bags also have giftshop products, so they get tossed down with the other one.

"Kid, I don't think you meant to cause any harm. Besides, you didn't know your creations would be real. Also, what does au mean? " he says in a calm, comforting voice.

"I guess you're right, but I still feel bad." I sigh and grab another bag to open. "And au just mean alternate universe, it's what we use to refer to all of the various universes people create."

"That makes sense." Sans nods."So what can you tell me about this universe. I want to be able to keep papyrus safe. "

I pause our search so i can focus. "Well, you end up joining the royal guard for a few reasons, and you let Gaster take him in while you're gone, since he's the only other skeleton monster you know."

"I don't like that, I don't want to leave papyrus alone like that." I can tell he's scared of losing papyrus.

"Well... hold a second. " I try to remember more details, but most of it has faded from my memory. It's been a few years since i wrote the story. "Shit, most of the information is gone, but I do remember that Chara gets killed and a human named Frisk is important. Im not sure how they're important to this univers. It's hard to say with one's that are so different from the original."