Bizarre Companion

We exit the alley, and I get my first look at the world I brought into life. Most of the buildings are intact but have clearly been looted. Most of the windows are broken, and i can see a couple of people through them. Seems like everyone is trying to hide for now. the road is covered in trash, dust, and a few bodies.

I cringe at the sight and look away. "Ok, we need to get to the outer part of the city. It'll only take about an hour and a half to get there," sans says. He's also trying to ignore the bodies and dust.

"Ugh." I look up at the sky. The sun is almost directly above us, so we should have plenty of time to make it to Papyrus before dark.

Sans nudges me in the right direction, and we start on our journey together.

"Do you think we'll be able to swap who controls if we try?" I ask sans. He's more likely to know, given his background in science and magic.

I know in some cases, the two souls were able to swap, but I'm not sure if this is one of those cases. I hope it is. I don't want to keep sans like this.

"Maybe. Once we get to Papyrus and find a place to sleep, we'll give it a shot, " sans says. He's excited to try, but he doesn't want to get his hopes up.

I nod in understanding. "I hope you can get control back," I tell him.

"Me to kid,"

As we continued walking, we got further from the gunfire I heard when I first woke up. That's good because it means Papyrus will be safer if we're far away from other people.

It's going to be hard raising a kid in these conditions, but I know both me and Sans will do everything in our power to keep him safe.

I'm already attached to these boys, I hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

"Do you think people will be able to tell that we're different?" Sans asks curiously, wondering what might be different because of you.

"I don't think so, but it'll depend on if anything was changed when I got here." I reply after a moment.

"What do you think changed?" Sans asks. He wants to get as much information just in case all of your old memories get wiped.

"Well, my old soul might have caused alterations to your soul, or our stats might have changed or even a change in our magic." I tell him. Those are only some of the things I remember, but the rest is unlikely as of right now. I'll make sure to bring them up if they become relevant.

"Guess we'll have to check that, too," he says lightly, probably trying not to be upset at the possibility that something has changed.

"Was that supposed to be a pun?" I ask, "because it was terrible." I say snorting.

"A pun? How dare you accuse me of such a thing." He says in an offended voice.

"Sure, bro." I roll my eyes at his dramatics and laugh at him.

"Hey, how old are you, Sans?" I can't believe I haven't asked him that yet. It's a pretty important piece of information

"I'm almost sixteen. What about you, kid?" He's been wondering that for a bit now. You seem pretty young, but he can't get an exact estimate on his own.

"I had just turned 23. It was actually a couple of days after my birthday when I died." I tell him. It's kinda cool that I died near my birthday.

"Well, guess I can't keep calling you kid then, since you are older than me." He pauses for a moment to think of a good nickname for you. "What about gramps then?" He asks cheekily.

"Don't call me that," I tell him in a deadpan voice.

"Alright, alright, I won't call you it... gramps, " Sans says, holding in his laughter.