Blank Room

I move our legs, so we're sitting criss-cross, and i lean against the wall behind us.

'Ok, so... how should we do this?' I ask nervously. Tonight will be the night that decides what happens for the rest of our lives. If we can't swap, then I'll have to lead this life while Sans takes the back seat. I don't want that to be the case but I don't know what will happen.

After a moment, Sans hums thougthfully and says, 'Hmm. Maybe if we focus on switching, that'll work. We can try something else after that.'

'Ok, sounds like a plan,' I reply. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I try to imagine myself as a ghost outside of the body to see if that works.

We sit in silence as we focus on trying to figure this out.

I imagine that i'm leaving the body and floating next to it.

That also doesn't work.

Changing tactics I instead try to imagine myself swaping places with Sans. I imagine Sans is where i am, and im where he is.

That's not working, so I try to imagine myself as Sans just for the hell of it.

Ok, so far, none of my ideas are working. Maybe I need to focus more or something. I should try to meditate and see if that helps.

I don't really know how to meditate, but I have to try everything at least once.

I sit straight, close my eyes, and breathe in deeply, I hold it for a few seconds before releasing it slowly and trying to empty my mind of all thoughts.

After repeating for a few minutes, I don't feel any changes, besides more anxiety than before, so I reopen my eyes. I wiggle our fingers just to be sure. They move on my command like I suspected.

It's about ten minutes later, and I'm tired of my ideas not working, and I decide to see if Sans has any new ideas. He's been silent for a while, so maybe he's figured something out.

'Sorry gramps, I'm out of ideas. Do you have any?' Sans says frustrated.

I hum thoughtfully before I proposed my idea.

'What if we need to both be in the same like...um' I pause trying to think of the words I'm looking for.

'Space... like um in our mind scape' hopefully that got my point across.

After a moment of silence, 'Mental space. You know what I mean?'

I hear Sans snort. 'You're ridiculous gramps,' He says, trying to hide his laughter.

'Hey, don't make fun of me. I'm doing my best here.' I huff, jokingly crossing our arms over our chest and pouting.

'Ok, gramps, I won't make fun of your old age,' he say, not trying to hide his giggles anymore.

I don't believe him, but I'll let it go for now.

I uncross our arms and place them on our knees as i relax. I'm glad some of the tension is gone, but we still need to try one more thing before we move on. Hopefully, this time, it will work.

'Ok, so what do your surroundings look like, and I'll try to imagine myself there.' I ask, cutting his laughter short.

'Oh uh,' he pauses, and I feel his presence fade slightly as he focuses on his surroundings. 'I'm in a black room. It has a large projector screen on one side. That's how I see through your eyes. There is a decently large couch across from it. Now that im looking closer, there seems to be some kind of raised section in front of the screen. That's about all that's in here.' He explains.

Sans' presence strengthens again as he refocuses on me. I didn't realize before, but he fades in and out depending on what he's doing. I think it's because he's not focused on me or the body, so he's kind of disconnected from it. Uh, more so than he already is, I mean.

'Ok, I'm going to try something,' I tell Sans as I relax into the wall.

'Ok, cool,' he replies, sounding confused but letting me do what I want since he can't actually stop me.

I clear my mind and focus on our mindscape. I try to imagine the room Sans described as clearly as possible. Once I have that in mind, I imagine that im there with Sans.

That's not working. Ok, so what else can I do?

An idea suddenly comes to mind, so I start working on it.

Just like before, I imagine the room, but this time, instead of just appearing there, I picture myself stepping off the raised section that Sans described earlier.

I find it weird that there's a random ledge in our mind scape, so it must have a purpose.

It takes me a while to get anything to happen because I keep losing my focus. After trying again and again for about ten minutes, I feel something change. I feel lighter, and my thoughts are clearer. This is strange because I didn't realize my thoughts were foggy to begin with.

I open my eyes and immediately see the blackness of the empty room. Infrony of me sans sits on a couch laying with his eyes closed. Behind me is the projection Sans talked about. Right now, it's showing the basement from our point of view sitting in the corner.

Huh, I guess if we don't close our eyes before we leave, they'll stay open. That's kind of cool, I guess. That probably means we'll have to fall asleep in the body to rest. Maybe if the person in control falls asleep, they'll appear here while we rest.

Those are thoughts for another time. Right now, I need to talk to Sans.

"Yo Sans, guess who's here." I shout, trying to spook him.

He jerks up off the couch and nearly falls into the floor, causing me to snort at him.

"It worked? It worked!! Oh my stars, how did you do it. Tell me, Tell me, tell me!" His face lights up in excitement, and he walks toward me.

"Ok Ok I will." I laugh at his excitement. I am so glad this worked, I did not want to be in control forever. Papyrus deserves his real brother and sans shouldn't be forced into the back seat of his own life.

As if just registering something, Sans stops right in front of me and looks puzzled. "Is this what you looked like as a human?"

Confused, I look down to see what he's talking about. Sure enough, I'm back in my human body.

"I guess we appear how we normally look while we're in here. I'm so glad, " I say, smiling widely. I still have something from home. Even if it's only while I'm in our mindscape.

You don't look half bad, " Sans jokes, elbowing my side lightly.

I giggle, and we both start walking back to the couch. Sitting down, I turn to Sans.

"Ok, so I got here by imagining this room, and then I imagined that I stepped off the raised section. The platform thing there." I explain pointing to the platform as I talk.

"So I should be able to do the opposite and walk onto the platform to take back control." Sans says in realization.

"Exactly." I nod at him. "Before we do that, we need to make plans in case anything goes wrong. Like one of us getting stuck here or disappearing." I say anxiously as I lean back on the couch.

"Yeah that's... that's a good idea. We don't know what's going to happen from here on out. " Sans nods back, understanding my worries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N please point out any mistakes or inconsistencies, please. I can't fix it if I don't know it's messed up.

I have a tumblr where you can get sneak peaks at future scenes and artwork I've made. Don't go if you don't want spoilers. I've only recently started posting, so there's not a lot just yet, but I'll try to post weekly.

I'll try to post chapters either weekly or bi-weekly.
My tumblr user name is the-ace-salter
Link in case that doesn't work \/
https://www.tumblr.com/the-ace-salter?source=share