Altering Reality

I shift on the couch and get comfortable because this is definitely going to be a long conversation, and it would be better if we're both comfortable.

"Ok, so first thing is who gets control and when?" I ask. Sans should definitely have the final say on this decision. It is his body, so it makes sense for him to decide, I just hope he's willing to share. Even if it's just for a little. I don't want to be stuck in here forever.

Sans is quiet for a few minutes, hopefully thinking about the best way to go about swaping control.

"I think if we alternate every day, until we have a better handle on it, then we should be good. We can forfeit a day or trade if we want, I guess." He says, shrugging slightly. He sounds like he's trying to pretend he doesn't care but I can here the anxiety in his tone.

"That sounds like a good plan for now." I agree and give him a nod. We can always come back and change it if it doesn't work out.

"So how do we tell Papyrus about this? Should we tell him?" I ask hesitantly. There are a lot of factors that we need to take into consideration here. But Papyrus is sans' brother, not mine, so he's the one should decide.

"Well if we tell him it'll have to be once he's older. He won't understand what we mean if we try to explain it now." Sans say. He leans against the couch arm so he can look at me without turning his head.

"So we'll wait to tell him until he's old enough to understand what we mean?" I ask just to clarify.

"Yeah. It'll give us time to think of any reasons we shouldn't tell him and weigh out the pros and cons. In the meantime, we can act like you're a friend I keep in contact with if we need to talk about you." Sans says with a cheerful tone.

"What are our plans so far?" I ask. Sans knows more then me right now. He should have a general idea about how we should go about this.

"As of right now we don't have much planed out. Do you have anything you want to say or tell me?" I can't tell if he's implying that I know more then I told him or if he's just asking.

"Well, since I can't remember all of the details from my human life, we'll have to be careful and play this by ear." My tone shifts a little with the topic change.

"Thats true. So far, we know we need to get out of this city. From there, we have two options." Sans explains confidently, "option one is we try to seek asylum with the humans and hope they can help us, or option two we start heading back towards the monster capital and pray we can find a job or place to stay for a while." I can tell by his tone that neither of these are great options. Unfortunately they're all we have right now.

If we go to humans, we run the risk of being labeled traitors by monsters kind and having to deal with racism or being turned away once we get there. If we go to the monsters, we'll run the risk of not finding a job or having to live in the streets, but at least we'll be relatively safe and closer to gaster when the time comes for us to be recruited.

Well, I guess it's settled then. There's really only one option that'll allow us to eventually provide for Papyrus. Sans will agree that it's the best option even if it means going back to an overcrowded city.

"I think we should go with monster kind. We'll be less likely to get attacked by other people, but a higher risk of homelessness since it's so overcrowded." I say determinedly. "That's a risk I think we should take for the next few years. Until we can join the royal guard and take care of Papyrus."

"Ok, can you elaborate on why we shouldn't go to the humans?" Sans asks calmly.

"Yeah, I can, " I say, suddenly feeling a little nervous. What if he doesn't agree with me? Or he thinks I'm stupid for choosing monster kind.