Chapter 12. A Spark of Distrust

A wave of shock and disbelief filled the atmosphere of USJ as the class just witnessed one of their classmates get shot on the chest by their teacher. The females of the class, mainly Ochako Uraraka, Momo Yaoyorozu, and Kyoka Jirou, were crying their eyes out as they ran towards Izuku's lifeless body.

The first was because of the loss of a friend. She had just formed a genuine bond with him and that same bond was taken away from her. The latter two felt horrible seeing the person who would sacrifice his life for their safety. May he be a conduit or bio-terrorist, like others call him, Izuku was still a person and no one can change that.

One Eiji Kirishima froze on her spot as a tear fell down from her red eyes. The person that saved her back a few months ago is lying on the ground, dead. She began walking towards his body, following the other girls.

As the girls approached Izuku, the pros near the entrance were yelling at each other. Mainly towards Snipe.

"Snipe! What do you think you're doing!?" Present Mic yelled out to the man, who calmly slipped the pistol back to his holster. The same pistol was used to shoot down Izuku Midoriya, a student, a child, and a conduit.

"Why did you shoot him? He saved All Might!" Midnight spoke up. Uncharacteristically showing an expression that is alien to her, anger.

Snipe looked over at the boy's lifeless body and shrugged carelessly. "I did what I had to do. He was too dangerous to be kept alive."

"And who gave you the right to decide that?!" Vlad King was the one to ask this. He may not know the boy, but this is just messed up.

"I did. And we can now relax knowing that the bio-terrorist is now dead." He said nonchalantly as he turned to leave, only to meet a fist on his masked face, making him fall down to the ground. His mask cracked because of the strong punch.

"You bastard!" Present Mic said as he grabbed Snipe's cloak. "You don't get to decide who lives or dies just because they are different from you! Conduit or not, he's still a fucking kid!" He spat at his colleague with rage showing in his usually cheerful face.

Nezu was silent throughout all of this as a blank expression can be seen from the principal's face. But if you look closely, the veins on his furry face appear to bulge as his paws can be seen being stained with red, due to the blood exiting a wound that his elongated claws caused. With just one look, you can clearly tell that he is pissed. REALLY pissed.

His eyes went to Izuku's lifeless form. A sigh escaped his gritted teeth as a future high ranking hero, possible Symbol of Peace and a representative for conduits around the world, now gone due to bias and prejudice of one vengeful person. As he was about to speak up to the heroes, Izuku's body began to emit smoke and small orange particles swirling all around him.

His female classmates who were making their way towards the boy stopped on their tracks. Concern and fear is seen in their faces. The smoke and particles swirled around Izuku's body before it got absorbed into his chest, the part where he was shot.

Izuku's eyes suddenly opened, shocking the people around him. Turning into a cloud of smoke, Izuku reappeared standing up. His eyes are shadowed by his hair as his mask fell off him. Eyes following the mask, he noticed that it was destroyed. Looks like it was also hit by the bullet. He clenched his fist in anger as he remembered the feeling of the bullet going through his chest.

Sighing in relief, Uraraka walked over to him and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Izuku-kun! Thank God you're alright! We were worried—" she didn't get to finish her sentence when Izuku slapped her hand off him.