Chapter 15. Obstacle Race

With the signal shot and the exit gate slowly opening, all of the UA students immediately ran forward to the steep tunnel that is the exit of the arena. Their hasted stomps echoing in the tunnel.

As soon as Izuku entered the tunnel, he immediately noticed that it was too narrow for everyone. Noting the bumps and yelps of pain coming from the other students.

He could hear Present Mic and Aizawa-sensei in the commentary, they were talking about something about the start of the race. Looking back at the rest of the participants, Izuku could barely see the front of the group.

"Hey, hey! This is too narrow!" Izuku heard someone from Class 1B yell, if he is not mistaken it was the same guy who growled at Katsuki for being "arrogant".

Similar words can be heard from other students from the other courses. Izuku could only roll his eyes at their words. No shit, Sherlock. He thought as he channeled Smoke and used Smoke Dash to the walls, surprising the people around him.

He propelled himself to the walls and used Smokerunning to stick on the walls and began sprinting towards the exit.

"Our first filter," Izuku heard Todoroki talk. The girl's words confused him until he heard some of the students beginning to yell in panic and frustration.

"OW!! What the hell?! I can't move!!"

"YOU BASTARD!!"

"BRR!! IT'S SO FREAKING COLD!"

Izuku looked over at the other participants and widened his eyes. His action of jumping on the wall was greatly timed as the floor of the exit was encased with ice, courtesy of Todoroki, who continued running out of the tunnel.

He gotta admit, that was smart. Incapacitating the competition as she booked it. Not bad.

Looking down, he could see most of his classmates, even Toru were able to evade the frozen ice field. Smiling at the Light Refraction user, Izuku sprinted out of the tunnel and kept his slow pace as he chased after the dual-haired girl. His eyes also caught Katsuki propelling himself out of the tunnel, screaming profanities in the wind. He was quickly followed by the rest of the class, without the profanities, obviously.

He continued running after the ice user when he saw something in his peripheral vision. Turning his head towards the side, he could see Mineta hopping over some of his "balls" as he got closer to Todoroki. The short boy was yelling something over at Todoroki and began plucking the spheres on his head.

He was aiming at Todoroki, when a large robotic arm slapped him towards Izuku, which the young conduit jumped over as he stared at the large robots from the Entrance Exam.

"TARGET DETECTED... MULTIPLE!" one of the robots said as it blocked the way. Making both Izuku and Todoroki stop on their tracks.

"HERE COMES THE OBSTACLES, AND SO SUDDENLY!! AND FROM THE FIRST BARRIER WILL BE ROBO-INFERNO!!" Present Mic's voice echoed throughout the field as the robots towered over the students.

Izuku looked at the robots with a narrowed look as the students behind him began panicking. He could hear some of them talk in the crowd.

"IT'S THE VILLAIN-BOT THAT'S WORTH ZERO POINTS IN THE ENTRANCE EXAM!!"

"HOLD ON, YOU'RE TELLING ME THE HERO COURSE KIDS HAD TO FIGHT THOSE THINGS?"

"THERE'S NO WAY WE COULD SLIP PAST THEM! THEY'RE TOO MANY!!"

As Izuku was devising a plan to slip past the robots, Todoroki spoke up. "So it's these robots they used for the Entrance Exams?"

"Where does UA get their money for all of these?" Momo asked no one in particular as she looked at the pile of robots, a bead of sweat on her cheek.