Chapter 16. Shocking Turn of Events

Izuku and Toru are a bit in a pickle.

Ever since Midnight had started the fifteen minute timer to pick their teammates for the Human Cavalry Battle, they had been unable to get new teammates. Most of the students would outright walk away from him.

Toru on the other hand, would ask someone and was close to getting another teammate but they would see Izuku near her and decide to decline her offer. This would continue until there were eight minutes left, making the conduit to somehow regret getting the first place of the Obstacle Race.

As they were beginning to accept their fate as a two-man team and were about to plan, when a voice called out to them. "Izuku-kun! Toru-chan! Let's team up!!" The duo looked over at the owner of the voice. They were met with Uraraka waving at them as she approached the two.

Izuku looked at Toru, who smiled and nodded at him. Nodding back, Izuku looked at the gravity user and smiled at her. "Alright, Ochako-chan. You're in." he said, making the girl's eyes sparkle and smile widely.

She skipped towards them and embraced the young conduit, earning a flinch of surprise from Izuku and an eye twitch from Toru. "Thank you!! Thank you, Izuku-kun!!" she said, jumping up and down.

Izuku was beet-red throughout this interaction. Who wouldn't when, one: a girl is hugging him in front of so many people, and two: he could feel her 'mountains' touching him through his gym uniform? It was Toru who broke up the hug, much to the embarrassment and dismay of Izuku and Ochako, respectively.

"Let's focus on the task at hand, okay? We're still short one member." Toru said, slightly giving Ochako a pouty glare. He's mine, back off.

Who decided that? Ochako returned the glare as imaginary electric volts sparked between them.

As the two girls were glaring at each other, Izuku, who had just recovered from the embarrassment, was pulled in the arm. He looked over at the direction of the hand, only to regret it.

"LET'S TEAM UP, MR. FIRST PLACE!!" The girl said to him, making him flinch back when he literally came face-to-face with the same girl from "The Fall".

"WHOA, SO CLOSE!" Izuku said, backing up a bit. "Who are you, by the way?" he asked the girl, making the other two girls look over at him.

The girl just gave him a grin as she lifted up her goggles. Izuku almost blushed at her unusual yet pretty crosshair eyes. "I'm Mei Hatsume of the Support Course! I don't know you, but I'd like to be able to use your position!" she said with a straightface.

Wow, she's straight to the point! Izuku, Toru and Ochako thought simultaneously.

"If I join you, the amount of attention I'd receive would be unparalleled, no?! Which is the number one opportunity to show off my super cute little babies!" she said. Izuku was about to respond when she continued talking. "I'm aiming to catch the notice of a big company, or rather, I want my babies to!!" she said and continued talking. In her talk, she pulled out a lot of support items, which made the trio wonder where she kept all of these.

Izuku sweatdropped at her bluntness. So this is what I looked like when I was rumbling about quirks. He thought. He then looked over at a particular support item and widened his eyes.

"W-Wait!? Is that the Buster Hero Air Jet's" he pointed at a jetpack that she whipped out. "I like him too!! His office used to be in my old neighborhood..." Izuku said, eyes practically sparkling in interest as he stared at the support item.

That's until he realized what he was doing and blushed in embarrassment. "Oops!" he said looking away, scratching his cheek. Looks like old habits die hard.