Prelude III: The Night When A Jaguar Comes

In the midst of the wrecked part of the city, Unit 01 didn't move for a second until all of a sudden, its eyes flashed as the humanoid giant growls while undergoing a change.

Sounds of bones breaking and flesh being molded could be heard momentarily before the changed EVA emitted a very brief growl until....

ROAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!

Throughout the night, a bloodcurdling roar resounded, catching the attention of most people, including one person who would be involved with the events regarding Heart.

"What on Earth...?" The young lad got up as he opened his window, hearing the roar again, this time, it sounded distant.

"Babe?" A woman's voice was heard from within the room as the youth turned around, "It's nothing, hon."

Back in the subway tunnels, Heart and Yang were back in their shelter, laying down in bed. It had been two days since then, despite the food and clothing, no one came around. Almost as if....they were accompanied by ghosts. And needless to say, Yang wasn't having much better.

"Heart?"

"Yeah?"

"You think...." Yang started as she began to shiver, "Everyone's dead?"

«Namida No Violin by Kentaro Haneda»

This brought Heart's brow up a little as he got up.

"Why think like that, Yang?" He asked, although, deep down, he already knew the answer.

"Because it feels like, we're just sleeping with ghosts. And....it....it just....hurts." She said in deep despair, for the first time.

"Yang...."

"Why now....why did it have to happen....in our home....?!"

As Yang sobbed, Heart could only hug her as he tries his best to console the crying blonde.

«Kizu by Kentaro Haneda»

"Don't cry, Yang." Heart said as he continued, "I'm sure everyone got out safe. We just need to see them with our own eyes."

"How do you know for sure, Heart?"

"Well...." Heart then sheepishly smiled, "Just a hunch? I mean, we are a bunch of meddling kids, after all."