Unexpected Discoveries

After the events that happened at school, Y/N and the girls headed to Jess's house while Luke stayed back for Football practice. Y/N and the girls sat in the living room; not a word was spoken, as they sat in silence. 

"Look I know we don't want to talk about it but" Lucy broke the silence, but was cut off by Jess.

"Not now Lucy" Jess stated, the room fell silent again.

The girls decided to work on homework to distract themselves. After 30 minutes of working in silence, Lucy couldn't take it so She finally spoke up. Lucy pushed herself out of her chair, storming in front of the girls, stopping in her tracks as she approached the front of the table slamming her hands on the table. 

"guys this is ridiculous" Lucy yelled which took the girls back a little, shifting in their seats. "Y/N are you really letting two irrelevant boys affect you this much" Lucy continued as Y/n didn't bother looking up and Jess staring angrily at Lucy. 

"Lucy quite it, Y/n doesn't need this right now" Jess replied bluntly as Lucy took a step back frustrated

"guys please stop fighting its useless" Y/n spoke up softly still not looking up, feeling uneasy about this whole situation happening.

Lucy and Jess took a moment to look at their best friend; seeing the tears build in her eyes, as she tries to hold them back. As Y/N began to look up, she saw her two best friends staring at her as if she was about to break. 

"can you guys not look at me like that" Y/N asked as she stood up from her chair and walked to the kitchen.  As Y/N grabbed a water out of the fridge, Jess and Lucy started arguing again. Y/N headed back but stopped when she heard what Lucy said.

"she needs to get over it like she didn't even know them a month ago" Lucy stated as she stood there with her arms crossed.

"so what" Jess snapped taking Lucy by surprised. "she's our friend.. Our best friend Lucy, we have to be there for her" Jess softened her tone.

Y/N stood there for a moment before entering the living room, where it all fell silent again. Jess and Lucy stood there looking at Y/N knowing she heard their conversation, but they didn't say anything as well as Y/N. She just stood there thinking of everything that happened in the last month, how she went from being nobody to being everything people talk about and not in a good way. Y/N was realizing Lucy was right about everything she said between the boys being a irrelevant part of her life. Simon and JJ were just some pointless jocks in her school that only cared about themselves. She wasn't gonna let one interaction with them ruin everything she has been working towards.

"Y/N I'm sorry.. I didn't know" Lucy stated, scrambling her words a little until Y/N cut her of off.

"let's throw a party" Y/N exclaimed as the two girls stood there with confused expressions, as if they didn't know what happened with their friend. Just then Luke walked in and all the girls looked his way causing him to look more confused than they were.

*

"a party Y/N.. are you feeling okay, Like what has gotten into you" Luke questioned, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I just wanna let loose for once, forget about everything that going on" Y/N replied hoping Luke would understand, but yet she was wrong. Y/N looked over to Jess hoping she could help, and Jess was already smiling at the idea of throwing a party. "Luke come on its perfect because your parents are out of town so the house is empty" Y/N continued but Luke just wasn't on board with the party. 

"come on big bro, it will be fun plus how can you turn down a party" Jess exclaimed as she laid her head on her brother's shoulder.

"not gonna work sis" Luke said as he brushed Jess off and all the girls just started making pouting faces hoping that would work, but it didn't. Y/N thought of a way to hopefully convince him and that's just coming clean with how she's been feeling because of JJ and Simon. She didn't want to, but she needed a night to forget about everything and just have fun for she decides to tell Luke.

"okay well you know this month hasn't been easy on me" Y/N stated softly, tucking her hair behind her ears as Luke just watched her.

"I mean yeah but what does that have to do with this" Luke brushed it off like it didn't matter.

"well you remember the whole Situation with JJ and Simon right" Y/N said but with a louder tone causing Luke to flinch a little. Y/N looked between Jess and Lucy as they nodded her to continue. 

"yeah what about them though" Luke furrowed his eyebrows. 

"well I never told you the truth of how all this started with them" Y/n said rubbing her hands together nervously, as Luke nodded for her to continue. "well remember when I told you I left practice one day and found my tire flat, and there was someone there that gave me a ride home" Y/N said feeling uneased as she waited for him to respond looking between him and the girls. 

"yeah and I told you that you should've called me instead" Luke said with a gentle voice.

Y/N sat there thinking back to that day, Luke came over the next day to help change her tire when she told him a different story than what actually happened. Luke was always so generous and caring since they were little; Y/N knew she could always count on Luke for anything no matter night or day, he will be there. Thinking of this made Y/N remember the time Jess and Lucy got so drunk and Y/N couldn't drive so she called her best friend, Luke, who came right away. 

"I know and I'm grateful but the person who gave me a ride home that day was.... JJ" Y/N paused for a moment, letting Luke take this information in.

Luke's eyes widened in surprise, his brows furrowing as he tried to process the unexpected revelation. His mind raced, grappling with a mixture of confusion, curiosity, and perhaps a tinge of jealousy. He leaned back in his chair, his fingers drumming nervously against the polished surface of the table. The steady rhythm of the café's bustling atmosphere seemed to fade into the background as he contemplated Y/N's words.

"Luke" Jess said softly, but no response.

"Luke please... say something" Y/N said

"I got to go" Luke stated as he stood up and stormed out the shop.