The Party

Y/N and her friends, Jess and Lucy, buzzed with excitement as they moved about the spacious living room, preparing for the party that would soon be in full swing. The air hummed with anticipation as they meticulously arranged snacks and drinks on the sleek, modern coffee table. The room itself seemed to exude an aura of energy, its clean lines and minimalistic decor accentuating the youthful vibrancy of its inhabitants.

As Y/N, Jess, and Lucy hustled and bustled around the room, their excitement palpable in the air. The scent of freshly cut flowers mingled with the aroma of homemade snacks, creating a heady blend that danced through the room with each step they took. "so who is bringing the booze" Lucy asked which caught Y/N off guard. The room fell into a momentary silence as Lucy's words hung in the air. Y/N's eyes darted between Jess and Lucy, her mind racing to find a response. The scent of freshly cut flowers mingled with the aroma of homemade snacks, creating an intoxicating blend that seemed to dance through the room, teasing their senses.

Y/N's heart pounded in her chest, her pulse quickening as she tried to gather her thoughts amidst the rush of emotions. "Simon" Y/N stated quietly almost unheard by the two girls.

Simon's name hung in the air, the weight of his presence filling the room with an unspoken tension. Y/N's voice, barely audible, revealed her hidden connection to him. Jess and Lucy exchanged a knowing glance, their eyes silently conveying a mixture of curiosity and concern. "Simon?" Jess questioned, her voice laced with intrigue. Her mind raced with questions, wondering about the nature of Y/N's relationship with him. Jess's brows furrowed, her eyes narrowing as she studied Y/N's face. There was a flicker of concern in her gaze, a silent question begging for an answer. The room seemed to hold its breath as Y/N hesitated, her mind torn between revealing the truth and keeping her secrets buried within.

Finally, Y/N took a deep breath, her voice tinged with a mix of vulnerability and apprehension. "Yeah, Simon's bringing the booze," she confessed, her blue eyes darting anxiously between Jess and Lucy. A heavy silence settled over the room as the weight of Y/N's words sank in.  "why of all people Simon" Jess asked as they all just stood there staring at one another. A heavy silence settled over the room as Y/N stood there not knowing how to respond. she walked over to the table and took a seat, placing her head in her hands. Jess took a little glance at her best friend and she walked over to her, realizing this is a lot for her best friends to deal with among all the other things Y/N is dealing with.

She reached out and gently clasped Y/N's hand, her touch warm and reassuring. "Y/N," she began, her voice gentle but laced with genuine concern. "Are you sure about this? We both know how things ended between you and Simon." Her words hung in the air, pregnant with a mix of caution and empathy. "I think so, I mean If JJ wants to be with her, then why can't I be happy" Y/N asked as the girls were taken back by what she had just said. Jess and Lucy exchanged glances, their eyes locked in a silent conversation that spoke volumes. Their concern for Y/N was evident in the furrowed brows and sympathetic glimmers in their eyes, as they grappled with the weight of her words. The room seemed to hold its breath, as if time itself had slowed down to allow this pivotal moment to unfold.

As Jess bit her lower lip, her mind swirling with a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions, the room seemed to hold its breath, as if time itself had slowed down to allow this pivotal moment to unfold. The soft glow of the ambient lighting cast delicate shadows across Jess's face, illuminating the lines of worry etched upon her brow. She hesitated for a moment, searching for the right words that could convey both empathy and caution. "So you wanna see what happens with Simon" Lucy asked. "well you invited them both right" Jess asked cutting Lucy's question off.

She hesitated for a moment, searching for the right words that could convey both empathy and caution. Her hazel eyes met Y/N's, their depths filled with concern and understanding. The room seemed to hold its breath as her lips curved into a gentle smile, her voice a soothing melody in the midst of turmoil. "Y/N," Jess began, her voice soft and measured.