Chapter 6 - Ready To Die

Y/N carefully wheeled Tara out, gripping the pole firmly in his right hand. They checked both ways before proceeding down the hallway. Tara had started to cry, and Y/N repeatedly checked behind him as they continued down the corridor. They soon reached the reception desk, where a policeman lay covered in blood. Y/N used the pole to check his holster, but there was no gun.

"Fuck, come on, baby," Y/N whispered before he heard a door down the hallway. Tara didn't speak; she just sobbed. "In here."

Y/N pushed Tara into a room and swiftly pulled the door shut behind them, keeping close behind Tara. They heard someone enter the room they had just vacated. Y/N prepared to strike at the door with his pole while Tara held a phone, ready to defend herself. The door slowly opened, revealing Richie. Tara swung at him, hitting him in the arm.

"Sam called. She said that you were in trouble. Did you hit me with the phone?" Richie asked.

"Look out!" Tara shouted. Ghostface stood behind Richie, bringing the knife down and slashing Richie's arm before throwing him against a door. Ghostface then turned toward Y/N and Tara.

"Not this time, asshole!" Y/N shouted, swinging the pipe at Ghostface. It dodged but backed up into the hallway. Y/N followed, swinging the pipe. Ghostface continued to dodge, and Y/N got closer. He swung again, but Ghostface kicked back, landing a blow on the pipe and flinging it to the ground. Ghostface brought the knife across Y/N, but he managed to dodge. Once again, Ghostface kicked him, and he fell to the ground. He expected the knife to strike, but it never came. Instead, he heard jingling. Y/N flipped to see that Ghostface had handcuffed one of his legs and connected it to a nearby pipe, rendering him completely immobilized. Y/N strained against the restraints with all his might, but they held firm.

He stood up, unable to move very far, and watched helplessly as Ghostface moved toward Tara. Y/N pulled on the pipe again, and this time, he heard the handcuffs shift and click.

"Really? You can't save your own sister? All you have to do is say, 'Kill Richie,' or say, 'Kill Tara,' and I'll make sure to hit all the organs I missed last time," Ghostface taunted. The masked killer loomed over Tara, and Y/N had tears in his eyes as he pulled on the handcuffs until they finally broke. He stood up and dashed toward Tara, seeing the elevator open in front of him. Gunshots rang through the room, and unfortunately, one caught his left shoulder.

"Fuck! You shot me!" Y/N shouted in pain. Dewey ran toward him, but Y/N ignored him, running to Tara. "I've got you!"

Y/N held Tara close to him and guided Samantha toward the elevator.

"Get to the elevat...!" Dewey was cut off as he was suddenly attacked. Y/N looked back for a split second but kept moving forward with Tara. He didn't know Dewey and thus had no reason to help him. They reached the elevator just in time, and as the doors closed, Y/N heard three gunshots. Ghostface fell into a trophy cabinet. Dewey stood up with Richie and made it to the elevator. Dewey threw Richie inside.

"You have to shoot 'em in the head, or they always come back," Dewey warned before the elevator doors shut.

Hours later, Y/N woke up in a hospital bed. He instantly sat up and saw Tara still fast asleep. Doctors rushed in shortly after, conducting a series of checks. As Y/N began to drift back to sleep, he noticed Tara opening her eyes. Slowly, she became aware of her surroundings and looked into his eyes for a moment.

"Tara, I'm sorry," Y/N said, meeting her gaze. "I failed, miserably."

"No. You fought. You nearly got them. You were just injured, that's all," she replied. Y/N smiled back at her before doctors once again swarmed the room.