Chapter 10 - Finale

Feeling the barrel against his head, Y/N remained motionless. He sat down slowly and examined his surroundings, discovering Sydney was bleeding.

"So what is it you want?" Y/N asked. He sensed he was late to the big reveal. 

"From you? Nothing at first. You see, until we came here, I had no idea who you were. Amber told me about Tara, but you had disappeared for months, so that was perfect. However, you are here now. And too many times I have seen you try to shield your little girlfriend. Thus, your love will now become evil. Everyone will die apart from you, even Sam, whom we'll frame as your mastermind. But what I want most from you is to hear you beg as I plunge knife after knife into your girlfriend." With that, Richie turned to look away from Y/N. He stood, waiting for Amber. 

"You should have listened to Dewey. He got it in one. Always look at the love interest Well, maybe you looked at the wrong one. Since I managed to convince you, both your sister and her boyfriend planned this all." Richie pointed the gun at Sam as he spoke. Y/N scanned all available options. 

"Babe! She's not here!" Amber shouted from another room. A wide smile lit up Y/N's face. 

"The fuck. Do you mean she is not here?" Richie asked. Sam slowly looked up at him. 

"Y/N untied her. I guess you're not as persuasive as you thought." She told him Richie looked panicked, and the gun was still aimed at Sam. The phone went off, scaring Richie. 

"That's for you..." Sam told him, and he nodded. 

"Yeah... Do you think your sister's going to make a difference? She's a pincushion at this point." He replied, As screams filled the other room,. Sam managed to jump at Richie and wrangle her way away before Richie got to his feet. Y/N rushed off to another room. He crouched alongside Tara, who seemed to be in pain. As Y/N looked at the ground, blood was visible. Either someone had stabbed her or a wound had reopened. 

"Tara." Y/N whispered to her as her screaming quietened. She looked to see Y/N. 

"M...My... Wound, It's..." Tara struggled to get her words out. Y/N lifted Tara up slowly, revealing the immense amount of blood pouring from her. 

"Stay calm... I've got you." Y/N wrapped his arm around her back. They slowly made their way towards the center of the house. Y/N looked into the hallway. He saw Richie headed upstairs, so he quickly shut the door. 

He turned back to Tara. She had a hold of her wound. 

"Baby, don't worry, we'll..." Y/N trailed off, catching sight of the rear window. The boy he saw at the hospital waved from outside. The boy put on his Ghostface mask slowly and ducked out of sight. An immense sense of fear washed across him. That boy terrified him. 

There was a scream coming from the hallway, and Y/N grabbed Tara even harder. He took a brief break from Tara to investigate, and when he returned, he saw Sam leaning over Richie and stabbing him a number of times. She paused momentarily, after which Y/N darted out.

"What about my ending?" Richie asked Sam. 

"Here it is," Sam replied as she slit his throat. Y/N stood shocked; Richie was a bloody mess. 

"S..sam..." Y/N whispered. She turned to look at him. She looked deranged.

"You? Are you going to try to save him? Stop me. I knew you were with them." Sam raised the knife to point it at Y/N. 

"Listen. Put the knife down." Y/N slowly backed away until he bumped into Gale. 

"What's going on?" she asked. 

"He's with them. He tried saving Richie." Sam told them. 

"No... She just stabbed him forty times, so I was surprised." Y/N explained. Gale and Sydney gradually receded from Y/N.

"Listen, Tara is bleeding a lot in the kitchen. Can we do this later?" Y/N asked. Amber appeared, sprinting from behind Sydney and Gale. There was a single shot fired, and Amber went down. As everyone turned to see where the shot had come from, Tara was positioned with a gun in the doorway.

"I still prefer the babadook." She joked, and Sam rushed over to her. In contrast, Y/N kept his distance. They hurried outside, where they discovered ambulances waiting. On the doorstep, Y/N was sitting. Quite frankly, he was terrified. How quickly Sam had turned against him. Despite being offered to be seen, he declined. I was just inquiring about Tara's health. Despite her significant blood loss, she remained stable. That was all that mattered to Y/N right now.