Chapter 8 - I'd Give Everything Up Tonight

The night was shrouded in darkness as they pulled into the driveway of the seemingly ordinary house. Rows of cars were neatly parked outside, their presence a stark contrast to the chaotic scene within. The thumping bass of loud music resonated from the home, and laughter and chatter spilled into the night.

"Perfect. She's having a party. Who has a party in the middle of a killing spree? I'm aborting the plan," Richie's voice wavered with a mix of dread and frustration as he finally parked the car.

"No, we're already here. I'll go in quickly and get it. I'll be back in five," Sam replied, determination etched in his voice.

"I'm coming too," Tara chimed in, her voice trembling as Y/N helped her out of the car.

"If you think I'm waiting out here just to get murdered, you're out of your mind," Richie responded firmly, stepping out of the car alongside them.

Tara clung to Y/N, her eyes filled with fear as they cautiously approached the house. "Tara, stay near me?" Y/N asked hesitantly as they stepped onto the front porch. She nodded, her grip on his arm tightening.

As they entered, they were instantly engulfed by a sea of people. Amidst the crowd was Amber, who rushed over to Tara, her concern evident.

"What are you doing out of the hospital? Should you even be up and around?" Amber asked Tara, her voice a mix of worry and confusion.

"I need my spare inhaler," Tara replied cryptically.

"Why? Where are you going?" Amber inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"Need-to-know basis," Y/N interjected, his tone serious. Amber scoffed in response.

"I think it's in my room," she said, turning back to Tara. Then, with a sudden determination, she addressed the partygoers, "All right, everyone! Thanks for coming, but the party's over!"

"Time to go!" Richie shouted, attempting to rally the crowd. "Hi... Gen Z. How are you? Y/N, Sam, and Tara here have been attacked by the killer twice. Now they're here, which makes this place a huge murder target, so if I were you, I would probably leave."

The warning was met with skepticism, and someone in the crowd threw a cup at Richie. His demeanor changed instantly, his patience waning. "Okay, I tried being nice! Get the fuck out!" he yelled, and this time, most people began to heed his warning and left.

Y/N and Tara moved further into the house, Amber leading the way. Concern gnawed at Y/N as he whispered to Tara, "Tara, I have a really bad feeling. I'll be back."

Tara turned quickly toward him, her eyes wide with worry. "Be careful," she urged before being left with Sam and Amber.

Y/N continued to snoop around the house, his instincts telling him that something was terribly wrong. Eventually, he made his way to an upstairs bedroom. As he quietly entered, he scanned the room meticulously. Inside a closet, his heart dropped as he discovered a chilling sight-multiple ghost-face costumes and bloodied knives. It was a grotesque collection, tagged with the names Tara and Y/N. The room itself seemed to be a macabre trophy room of sorts, a testament to the horror that had unfolded.

His rage and dread intensified, but just as he was preparing to take action, a gunshot rang out from downstairs, followed by blood-curdling screams. Y/N's instincts screamed for him to rush to Tara's side, but his rational mind held him back. Staying hidden seemed to be the wiser choice for now.

Y/N watched through a small slit in the closet door as Amber dragged a severely injured Tara into the room, a gun pointed menacingly at her. The room seemed to tremble with tension as Amber unleashed a torrent of anger.

"Not here now, is he! Night in shining armor bullshit! Oh, Y/N! He can't save you now. You'll all die, and he'll be arrested, knowing that forever he couldn't do anything as we slaughtered you," Amber spat out venomously.

Y/N's fists clenched in frustration as he longed to shut Amber up, to prove her wrong, to ensure Tara's safety. But he remained hidden, forced to watch as Amber didn't kill or attack Tara but instead restrained her with tape and placed her in a closet opposite his hiding spot.

As Amber left, her taunting words still echoing in the room, Y/N emerged from his hiding place. Tara's tear-filled eyes brightened upon seeing him, and he quickly rushed to help her out of the closet.

"Y/N, it's Amber! They ki..." Tara started but broke down into sobs, burying her face in his chest.

"Okay, as long as you're safe, go hide in that other closet. I'm going to end this," Y/N whispered with determination, gently pushing her toward safety.

As Tara retreated to the closet, Y/N's thoughts raced. He knew that the time for waiting and hiding was over.