Chapter 9 - Fight Back

Y/N stood in the shadows behind the door, his heart pounding in his chest as he steadied himself before cautiously turning the doorknob. Suddenly, the door swung open, and Sam rushed inside, her eyes wide with panic, a gleaming knife clenched in her trembling hand. Instinctively, Y/N threw his hands up in surrender, clutching one of the knives he had discovered in the closet. The problem was that it was drenched in a sickening coat of blood.

"Y/N, Where the fuck is my sister?!" Sam's voice erupted in a frantic shout, the knife still ominously aimed at Y/N's trembling form.

"In there, she's hiding," Y/N stammered, pointing towards the closet with a trembling finger. Sam hurried over to the closet where she found Tara crouched in a corner, her wide eyes filled with terror.

"Sam, I'm staying here. Amber threw me into that closet. She plans to frame Y/N for the whole thing," Tara urgently informed her sister. Sam's gaze darted around the closet's interior, revealing an unsettling sight of gruesome weapons meticulously arranged. Her gaze settled on a Beretta 92FS pistol, its cold metal glinting under the dim light, and it bore the label "Billy." She hesitated for a heartbeat before picking up the ominous firearm. With resolve, she tossed the gun over to Y/N.

"Wait here, I'll try and get her. You stay here and protect Tara," Sam instructed Y/N, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and determination. He nodded in silent agreement and turned to sit on the edge of the bed, clutching the gun tightly in his trembling hand.

As Sam left the room, an unsettling silence hung in the air, broken only by muffled screams and commotion from outside the room. Y/N couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding. He knew he had to remain vigilant.

After a tense wait, Y/N heard the fuss outside gradually subside, replaced by an eerie quiet. He slowly opened the door to peek out. Down on the ground floor, he witnessed the horrifying sight of Richie mercilessly stabbing Sam.

"Thank God you're okay. 'Cause I really, really wanted to be the one to kill you," Richie sneered as he twisted the knife cruelly, causing Sam to scream in unbearable agony.

"Sit the fuck down, Prescott!" he ordered her, his voice dripping with sadistic pleasure. Y/N could only watch in helpless horror as Sidney complied. They began to move everyone to the kitchen.

Y/N decided he had to act. He began to creep down the creaky stairs, his footsteps barely audible over the chaotic scene unfolding below. Along the way, he stumbled upon a phone, and a desperate idea struck him. Peering down at the device, he discovered it was unlocked. Scrolling through its call history, he saw the last caller was Amber. He hesitated for a moment, then dialed the number and waited, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Hello, Amber's a tad busy at the moment. Call back later?" Richie's chilling voice answered on the other end.

"You forgot someone," Y/N responded calmly, his voice laced with a cold determination. "Weren't you meant to frame me?"

"Oh, Hello Y/N. Come to join the party?" Richie taunted. "Amber, go get the bitch in the closet."

Y/N positioned himself strategically, waiting behind a partially opened door, gun aimed at whoever would emerge. He burst out of the door with lightning speed when he heard footsteps approaching, ready to confront Amber. But to his shock, there was no one there. In the next instant, a vicious knife was plunged into his stomach from the side, and he let out an agonized scream of pain. He turned to see Amber standing there, her eyes gleaming , as the gun slipped from his grip, clattering to the floor. Amber twisted the knife cruelly, and Y/N's screams filled the air.

With a ruthless determination, Amber grabbed the fallen gun. Y/N struggled to stay on his feet, clutching his stomach in a desperate attempt to stem the bleeding. Amber forced him to march down the stairs, each step agonizing, and the trail of blood he left behind only added to the nightmarish scene.

When they entered the kitchen, Sam's face twisted in a mixture of shock, anger, and desperation.

"Where's Tara?" Sam demanded, her voice trembling with fear and rage. But Y/N remained ominously silent, knowing that the ordeal was far from over.

"Amber, go get her. We'll want to finish this," Richie ordered.