Chapter 2 Somewhere in the Taisho Era

A/N: sorry if the writing in the previous chapter was weird. I'm a little new to this. I try my best to be realistic, but not I'm not perfect. Thank you very much to my readers.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. They belong to Takahashi Rumiko and Gotoge Koyoharu (yes, names backwards again). I also do not own the above image. 

Miroku was falling through darkness. He vaguely saw something beneath him and steadied himself for impact, which came two seconds later when he crashed to the ground.

Coughing, he scrambled to his feet and rubbed the dirt out of his eyes. Then he saw where he was.

It was definitely not where they had been a few minutes ago...

The bright, sunny weather had changed; it was now damp and overcast. The sun was low on the western  horizon. Late afternoon already? He looked around and saw he was standing on a hill overlooking a wide, shallow valley that he had never seen before on all his travels. 

Well, that was a bother. One moment they were walking along the hill, discussing their journey to Mount Hakurei, and the next minute sucked into the sky.

He turned, picked up his monk's staff which he had dropped, and started calling frantically. "Sango? Sango!" Where did she go—

"Yes, I'm here" she answered, walking up from his left. She dusted the dirt off her skirt and adjusted the straps that held her weapon of choice, a giant boomerang, strapped to her back. "Where are we?"

"I don't know. Everything's different. Hey, there's Kirara."

The two tailed demon cat ran up and leapt into Sango's arms and mewed worriedly.

"Oh, poor Kirara" Sango said gently, smoothing her cat's ruffled fur. She turned to Miroku."So, Hoshi-sama, what do we do now?"

"Hmm." Miroku surveyed the landscape again. It seemed there was a large town somewhere to the west. "Kirara, take us up."

The demon cat mewed and jumped down, transforming from a small domestic-sized cat to about the size of a tiger. They both climbed on her back and Kirara leaped into the air, her demon energy keeping her aloft. She flew westward, and soon they were near the village.

Miroku frowned. The village looked strange. It was very large and brightly. The houses had wooden or tiled roofs, and the streets were wide and paved. It was more like a small city. 

"Odd." He said. "Let's land and take a look around."

Kirara landed on the outskirts of the town, so as not to startle anyone, shrank back to her normal size, and hopped onto Sango's shoulder again. Together they walked into the town.

Immediately Miroku noticed everything was different. Stores had brightly painted signs with words he didn't know, and were lit with strange lamps. People's clothes and hairstyles were different. Although most of them wore sandals, Miroku noticed some wearing shoes like Kagome's.

"We must be in Kagome's time." Sango said apprehensively. Several people were looking at them strangely.

"No, not quite."said Miroku. "Kagome-sama said in her time the streets were made of stone, and everybody wore shoes like hers." He looked around. "I think..."

Sensing danger, he spun around. At the same time he saw a boy about as old as Kagome rush out of an apothecary. He had red hair, reddish eyes, and wore hanafuda earrings. He also wore a black uniform of some sort, a green and black checkered haori, and carried a sword.