Chapter 8 Demons and Yokai

Sango smoothed out her hair as best as she could, shouldered her Hiraikatosu, and followed Kocho out of the courtyard, alongside Miroku, Tanjiro, and Kirara. Tanjiro's sister Nezuko was left at Butterfly Estate, as several people, according to Kocho, still did not fully trust her.

Now they were heading to the Slayer Corps headquarters, where hopefully this would all be cleared out. 

Kocho led them down the road for awhile until they came to a town. Some distance from the town was an elegant manor house, hidden in a bamboo forest. Kocho went up to the house, which was guarded by several Yakushi, and gave the password, and they were let in.

The courtyard was very large, and had a pine tree on the left. Sango saw a few other people standing about as well. The one closest to them, a girl with pink and green braids with a very large chest size wearing an odd kind of uniform, waved and ran up to Kocho. 

"Hello, Shinobu-san! I haven't seen you in a while!" she said happily, squeezing Shinobu in a hug. Miroku stepped forward but Sango elbowed him back. Stupid perverted monk...

"You saw me a few weeks ago, remember?" Kocho said sweetly. "But it's nice to see you too." She turned to Sango and Miroku. "These two are the strangers that we're going to interview."

"They showed up two days ago and they say they're from the Sengoku Era." Tanjiro explained. "So we are trying to find out where they're from."

The girl gasped and stared at Sango."Really? That's so cool! Nice to meet you, I'm Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Pillar."

Miroku opens his mouth to speak but Sango discretely yanked him back by the ear, then smiled back at Kanroji. "Hello, I'm Sango, and this is my cat Kirara. She's a two-tailed yokai cat."

Kanroji stared for a moment, then squealed so loud Kirara jumped. "She's. So. CUTE!!! Can I pet her? Please?!?!?!"

"Um, alright..."

The buxom girl with pink hair swept up Kirara into a tight hug. "Aah, she's so FLUFFY! And her little ears, and little paws, they're so cute! And her two tails are so soft! It's too cute!!!"

"She is very excitable." Kocho explained as Kanroji cuddled and squeezed Kirara, who squeaked nervously. Sango nodded hesitantly. "Ah, I see..."

Another person approached, this one a tall man with shocking flame-colored hair. He wore the usual uniform, brown in color, and a white cape with fire patterns. The whole effect was startling, but the man's smile looked friendly. 

"Hello!" he said loudly as he came near. "I'm Rengoku Kyojuro, the Flame Pillar."

Sango introduced herself and Miroku, adding that she was a "Demon Exterminator" and that Miroku was a monk. Kyojuro looked very intrigued. "A Demon Exterminator? I've never heard of that! So what kinds of demons do you kill?"

"Well, mostly just small annoying ones..."

"Small and annoying demons are still demons! Oh, by the way, Kocho, Kanroji, there's two others here under suspicious circumstances."

Sango and Miroku exchanged a glance. Someone else was here? Could it be one of their friends?

"Do you think it could be Inuyasha or Kagome?" she whispered.

"No, maybe not." Miroku whispered back. "Probably not... but we'll see." Turning to Kocho, he asked in a curious voice, "How many Pillars are there, Lady Kocho?"

Kocho smiled and tilted her head to one side. "There are nine of us, and as I've said, we are named after the Breathing style we use. But it's very strange, there are only six here, and it's time for the meeting to start... "