𝟎𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐦

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄: '𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐌

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐄 as he liked to be called had barely spoken to his grandmother over the past year, which he now was beginning to regret.

The priest's potentially holy words sounded like pure air, nowhere to be seen or heard but you knew it was there. As Jace stared at the dark brown coffin where his grandmother lay peacefully, her favourite pearls, the pair her mother had gotten from her mother rested against her neck and there was not a hair out of place. When the Kent's had their private time in a small room in the back of Smallville's church to say their goodbyes, they couldn't believe Martha Kent was dead especially when she looked beautifully alive as if she was just napping like she did on her porch with the sun on her worn skin.

While Jace gazed at all the different grains of the polished wood pointless questions began to drown out the priests' words. Like how or why Martha Kent was no more in this world or why his parents had an obsession with boy names starting with J's and he selfishly wondered why Superman had not saved his grandmother.

As everyone held red or white roses in their hands without a care of thorns sinking into their human flesh Jace held a daisy. The bright yellow was a stark contrast amongst the sea of black and white. Despite not knowing his grandmother as much as he liked, he withheld a grimace at the roses because if anyone actually knew Martha they would know daisies were her favourites and roses only reminded her of her late husband, Jonathan Kent.

The skinny stem was fragile and would snap if a gust of wind blew near him, but Jace would protect it from everything. The two feet drop felt longer than it was and Jace stayed still watching the yellow daisy that landed on it's mark and could faintly remember the soft and endearing smile of his grandmothers.

After a moment he stepped away from the dark coffin and slipped away from the large crowd, it seemed as if the whole town had congregated at the cemetery in memory of the great Martha Kent. His movements were quiet and breathy like air simply moved out of his way and he soon found himself in a small area shielded by old trees full of life.

"Jace," the soft-spoken voice of one of his younger brothers, Jordan spoke. His small hand light on his shoulder made him look away from the trees and to him. Jordan was the youngest child and looked like it with his chubby cheeks, dark curly hair, and blue eyes. He looked more like their father, Clarke Kent than Jordan's older twin brother, Jonathon looked like since he was blonder and the more athletic of the twins.

Jace might've been the one that looked exactly like their father, but he was different from the rest, similar to Jordan he dealt with overwhelming emotions but as the older brother he had to hold it together. Jace was dependable, loyal and the jokester brother but unlike his sport-inclined brother Jon, he was an artist and found his escape in classic novels and strumming his guitar.

Losing their grandmother was hard on all the Kent family members even if they didn't see Martha Kent that much. It was hard to hate or become annoyed with the old woman who smiled like flowers and was sunshine personified. She listened with a keen eye and a gentle smile and had helped lighten the hole that Lois Lane and Clarke Kent had unknowingly left behind in their three children as work and other responsibilities became too much on them.

"I'm coming," Jace reassured his younger brother and they walked off, the crowd of black swallowing the two teens hole. The ceremony had ended and Martha Kent was officially now six feet under, left to decay by the side of her late husband.