𝟎𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄: '𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 dumb that was sure, but to try and fix the internet router all to impress some girl? That was idiotic even Jace wasn't that whipped but it just came with the territory of being Clarke Kent's son who was head over heels for his wife Lois Lane.

But whatever the cause of the incident was Jace was happy they were both okay but it seemed they weren't. And they were right in a sense, the drop and the weight of the poles should've seriously hurt them but they were completely fine, without a scratch - it was suspicious.

"You're saying all we have are mild concussions?" Jordan asked sceptically, a look of suspicion on his face. The paramedic nodded as he packed his belongings up and stated, "You two were lucky."

A moment of silence came over the family of five as the paramedics said their goodbyes and condolences to Clarke. Jace looked over his younger brothers with a suspicious raised eyebrow.

"Come on, boys. Let's get upstairs, you've all had a long day," Lois stated softly, a hint of worry in her voice. Jordan and Jon shared a glance and without saying anything they left the living room and headed upstairs to their bedrooms leaving their parents to talk.

Jace stopped at the top of the stairs when his phone buzzed and he reached for it and pulled it out to see a message from Silas.

'Yo man there's a bonfire tmr night and you have to come I wanna introduce you to some people. It's at the old schuster mine. Also how are your brothers?'

Jace mulled the idea in his head and smiled, it would be good to go to a party before he went back to Metropolis and started school. So he responded, 'They're fine, just a little concussion. I'll be there at 7 :)'

Jace put his phone back in his jacket pocket and walked into Jordan's room where Jon was also in teasing Jordan about his new crush, Sarah.

"Okay, no, that is a Vulcan salute," Jordan defended himself, snatching his phone back from Jon and Jace smiled at his words. Jordan was a nerd and loved playing games and watching fantasy series while his brother didn't believe in any of it.

Similar to Jordan, Jace believed in everything, he had seen a man flying in a red and blue outfit saving people so it was hard not to believe any of it. Especially when he himself had done something impossible before.

"I gotta say, that's even worse. You're kind of a freak," Jon snided, shaking his head at his socially inept twin brother.

"If she doesn't understand the salute than I gotta say, no deal," Jace said making them look at him and Jordan smiled at his brother for his support. They used to watch reruns of Star Trek when it came up on TV.

Jon visibly rolled his eyes and Jordan said and snapped, "You know what? Something a lot freakier than me happened to us in that barn. Something we're not being told about. And it's up to us to find out what that is."

Jace watched Jon open and close his mouth, unsure of what to say but he just shook his head, patted Jordan on the shoulder and said, "Okay. Whatever, weirdo." He then walked out of the room and into his own and Jordan shucked his hands up exasperatingly.