𝟎𝟒 | 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐥

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄: '𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 for the past week (his parents found out he had punched a boy's face in) and his whole world seemed to flip upside down. It didn't really matter since they had been spending the last couple of days packing up their things in Metropolis to move to Smallville.

Clark had made the executive decision to move back to his former family home but not everyone was happy. Jon was angry, rightfully so, he had worked years to build his sports career only for it to come crumbling down all because of Jordan - in his opinion. Jordan didn't really care, he didn't have much of a life in Metropolis.

Jace on the other hand didn't know how to feel, he understood the reasons for moving to Smallvile, how much better it would be for them to learn control over their powers without the noise and non-privacy the city granted them. But he would be giving up his old life in exchange; his friends, his school where he was high on the food chain, good hookups and due to his grounding he couldn't even say goodbye properly. There was no doubt he would've set up a goodbye party but his parents shut the idea down before he could even ask.

The only good thing about Smallville was Silas. Then maybe Cami and Axel who he had been getting to know better through text in the group chat Silas had made with all four of them. Silas had said the school wasn't that bad, the football team was okay and they had a good English and music class. So, there was a silver lining in it Jace had to admit.

There was also a slight problem, the guy he hooked up with at the funeral, he had no idea who it was and he would throw a pity party for himself if the hot guy was somehow friends with his dad, he was much too old to be a student which he was thankful for. He didn't like hooking up with people from his school because it caused too much drama but it rarely happened since he liked older guys. Despite his wishes, he knew it was going to bite him in the ass sooner rather than later, everything seemed to go wrong for the oldest Kent son.

Jace's room was filled with half-empty boxes, random pieces of clothes strewn about and his two guitars standing on their stands in the corner of his room after he cleaned them. He glanced around the room and sighed, the worst thing about moving was packing and unpacking, to think seventeen years could be packed up in a few boxes and two suitcases.

He shook his head, grabbed the coke his mum had gotten from the diner for their makeshift dinner and put his phone in his back pocket before walking down the stairs to finish his dinner. He had gone up to take his shoes off.

"You want me to call Coach Gines?" he heard his father ask Jon as he sat down next to him, grabbing a few fries and shoving them in his mouth.

"No, no, it's fine," Jon answered with a tired look.

"I only got two of the AP classes I wanted, and they put me in Spanish instead of French," Jordan complained and Jon shrugged, "I haven't even looked at my schedule yet."

"Mine's okay, got AP english, AP history and music thankfully," Jace replied before taking a bite of his chicken burger. He wouldn't call himself a vegan but he didn't eat any other meat besides chicken, don't ask him why - he just hated the taste of beef.

"Yeah, I'm sure it's just as crappy as mine," Jordan told Jon and lamented, "I wanted AP english too."

Jace could feel his dad's eyes on him and looked up from his burger and watched his parents share a look. Clark cleared his throat, "We actually wanted to talk to you about school, anyway."