Chapter thirteen

Jenna

Emma was truly a breathtaking woman.

(Literally, Jenna couldn't help but think. Not that she cared much anyway).

The young woman was looking through the wide windows of the apartment she had indicated to Jenna earlier, her back to her, and... Even then, she was still undoubtedly the most beautiful woman the brunette had ever laid her eyes on.

Her slender body may make her seem quite weak at first glance, but she was nothing close to that. Jenna was pretty strong herself, having gone through some physical training before becoming a detective, but she knew Emma could take her down within a minute without even breaking a sweat. Her arms and legs were toned, muscles not quite showing but definitely there, hidden underneath her supple skin.

Yet, she was still as graceful as ever. Never brutal, everything about was delicate and classy. Every time she moved, it was almost as if she danced, each of her steps looked like they had been carefully planned before, all perfectly executed.

The coat she was wearing fit her perfectly, the black colour was truly a perfect match to her pale skin. She had long legs, and smooth skin that the dark material was, fortunately, not covering. Her silver hair made her look even more expensive and scarier, too. She couldn't even see her face, yet Jenna was already intimidated by the woman (and, no, it didn't have anything to do with her being a criminal).

"You know," The woman started, voice low, as she remained still, "It's rude to stare."

The detective could feel her cheeks heating up when she realized that she'd been caught, but paid no mind to it. She hadn't come there to play her games, not this time. She had to focus back on the reason she had asked to meet Emma in the first place.

Emma finally turned around so she was facing the brunette, a sly smile plastered on her face. Jenna wasn't fooled, though. She could perfectly spot the worry in her eyes.

"Why did you want to see me?" She spoke again.

"You know it," Jenna merely answered, pausing for a few seconds as she looked around the place for the first time since she had gotten there. "I assume this isn't where you live, so... whose place is this?"

Emma chuckled, taking a step closer to the brunette, heels clicking against the floor.

"Does it matter?"

"I'm still a cop," Jenna scoffed, "Breaking into a stranger's place isn't something I'm supposed to do."

"But talking with a criminal is?"

She remained silent at those words, making her laugh again, and oh, Jenna would be damned if that wasn't the most beautiful sound ever. So angelic, yet laced with so much darkness. This woman was truly a paradox in every possible way.

Jenna was growing insane.

"Do you want something to drink, Jenna?" The woman asked, Jenna only realizing then that she had moved much closer to her, so close that she could now smell her perfume.

It was intoxicating, just like her.

Jenna quickly shook her head, remembering the question. "Your victims may have fallen for your tricks, but I won't."

"Oh, but, didn't you already?" She answered, her lips curved upward and an eyebrow cocked up.

Hell.

"Anyway," She smiled, "I know it may be a silly thing to say, but I am not planning on drugging you, no need to worry. If it makes you feel better, I can taste it before to show you that I'm not lying."