Chapter 3

Opening your eyes, you see Jerry standing just like you left him. Then you remember the visions from a moment ago, and you feel a tsunami of anger wash over you. Following this wave of emotion, you lunge at the man and wrap your hand firmly around his neck.

Lifting him off the ground, you proceed to slam him against the nearest pillar, knocking the air right out of his lungs.

He starts clawing at your hand. You can tell he wants to say something, but the lack of airflow doesn't allow him to.

In return for his retaliation, you squeeze his neck even more. At this point, all you can see is red.

He starts hitting you with all his might, but soon recoils when his knuckles start bleeding. Unfortunately, the only thing his hits accomplished was that they made you even angrier.

Following this rage, you reach up with your left hand and use both hands to strangle him, as he begins to turn blue and desperately claws at your hands for even a little air.

You suddenly feel a burning pain in your lower region.

Looking down, you see he has firmly planted a knife in your thigh. Not a moment too soon, the pain kicks in, and you topple to the ground.

"espèce de fils de pute!"

As you lay on the floor, groaning in pain, Jerry grips his neck and breathes rapidly.

"What the hell is your problem?!"

You slowly pull out the knife, and as you do, you release short gasps of air, and with one final pull, you are free.

Throwing the knife to the side, you stand back up and brush off your outfit. As the wound heals, muscles attach, blood vessels form, and your wound is slowly filled. However,  without missing a beat, you say, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe ask that kid you ran over, or even better, your daughter; maybe they can tell you."

You look Jerry in the eyes with a furious gaze. It takes the man a couple of seconds to understand your words, but when he does, he turns pale as a ghost and his eyes widen.

"Oh, I saw everything you sick twisted fuck, and just know, the first chance I get, I'm throwing you under the bus." You say, pointing a finger at him. He, however, only stares at you with such shock that you don't, if you've ever seen equal. In the moment, you think of all the ways you could torment him and make his life miserable, but unfortunately, right now you have a job to do.

You shake your head and take a couple of steps away from him "First, we need to decide what your ball and chain are; normally, that would be hard to do, but thanks to the visions I went through, I have a rough idea of what we need to do."

Without even giving him a second to answer, you start making your way towards the front entrance. As you walk along, you light a cigarette to calm down, and without even looking at him, you say, "See Jerry, you have two problems, one being that you're super honest and the other is that you're a real gentleman like you put me to shame."

He looks at you, perplexed. "What? That isn't true!"

"Of course, it isn't dumbass; I was joking around. No,  your problems are that you are a heavy alcoholic, like so heavy you put Van Gogh to shame with how much alcohol you inhale, and secondly, you're still attached to your human life; I gotta cure these if I want to send you to the afterlife."

"I am not that much of an alcoholic!"

He says that, stopping in his tracks and folding his arms, you simply turn your head and say, "Really? Then where's the nearest bar?"

Without any hesitation, he answers, "Down the block on your left, fuck."

You smile under your mask and start making your way down the block and to the pub. As you walk along the crowded streets, cars honk and people shout all around you, but you walk in silence—that is, until Jerry speaks up.