chapter 12

However, stepping through the portal, you immediately feel the same cold breeze wash over you; this time, however, it's far more bone-chilling as it stops you in your tracks.

And despite your thick clothes, the harsh wind gets into all possible crevasses.

Looking around, you see that you're in a frozen hell hole, also known as Russia. You recognize it from the writing on a nearby sign.

which mind you still look like a drunk person tried to write with their piss, but it's recognizable.

When you finally decide to move forward, you pull your coat tighter and step forward. As you do, your foot is suddenly sucked down, and looking down, you see that it has been engulfed by the snow itself.

At first, you grab your pants and try to pull them out gently, tugging at them, hoping they will release.

But instead, you simply move your foot backwards through the snow, something that makes you start wobbling and sends you toppling forward into the snow.

You take a deep breath, sigh deeply, and, after a while, murmur to yourself, "At least it's better than swords and mud."

You slowly sit up in the snow, wipe off the excess snow, clamber up to the spot where you just were, and continue pulling on your leg.

However, when that doesn't work, you go ham on it, tugging at it with all your strength. You pull, and pull, and pull...until it lets go.

However, when you let go, it's quite violent, and you're sent flying back into the snow. Thankfully, you land on your back, but as you lay on the white power, you start wondering about your choices and whether they are right and contemplating whether you should just run away to Argentina.

Before your eyes flash multiple images,

One of your headquarters.

707...smiling broadly at you.

...Jerry? Crying.

Emilie is staring daggers at you.

Nora is giving you a wink.

Harry...with folded arms and looking down on you.

'Yup, that embodies them pretty well,' you think to yourself.

And, of course, Jessica complaining; the image starts getting closer, and you can hear her properly.

"Get back to work!"

You shoot up and scan the area, making sure you are safe from charging rhinos.

"Jesus Christ, how does she do it?!"

She's in a whole other dimension, and yet she can still spoil your fun.

You try getting out of the snow but quickly find out that it is impossible, as the snow is waist-deep and, like a good game, it sucks you in.

So, you soldier on.

As you push your way onto what you believe is the street by the texture beneath your boots, you see you can either go left or right, but there are also some interesting-looking houses here, some old-looking houses made of timber.

Like a Warhammer store calling to you, You decide to investigate a house, and against your better judgment, you decide to go inside.

After you drag yourself through the snow, you end up at the front door; unfortunately, it's blocked by the snow, so you start shovelling it away using your hands.

Thank God you have gloves, or your hands would freeze off. When you finally break through, you slowly open the door, letting the outside light shine through.