Chapter 5

"Heh, so I am guessing it's too late to call for a truce?" He again pays it no mind, simply walking forward, blood-dripping mace in hand; this might be a problem.

When he's less than a meter away from you, he suddenly stops, reaches towards the back of his head, and, pulling his hand back, you see it covered in blood, sending you one last glance before he topples forward.

Looking over him, you see your dagger in his skull, but who threw it?

Squinting a little, you see in the back the soul from before holding herself up with one hand on some rubble while her other is raised in a throwing motion.

You don't have the energy to say anything; you simply raise your thumb as a thank-you.

Slowly getting up, you pull the dagger from the demon's head as his body turns to ash, and once you straighten out your clothes, you slip on your mask once again.

The soul has now also stood up and made her way toward the angel. As you both stand over him, she asks you, "What will you do with him?"

You scratch your chin, and after some thought, you snap your fingers and walk over to the angel. When he sees you approaching, he starts crawling away, but you grab onto his wings with a swift tug and rip them off.

As he screams in pain, you throw the wings to the side and glance at the soul, who looks on in terror.

"Oh, I am sorry. Is it too loud? Here, I'll help." You say that as you put your foot on the angel's head, with a quick application of force, you crush his head like an overripe watermelon.

The soul simply looks on in horror; she wants to say something but quickly realizes what she's doing.

" Leave me alone, you dog! "

She falls down onto her back and starts crawling away before getting up and jogging away lightly. She almost breaks into a full sprint, but thankfully, you grab her arm before she can and pull her back. In a frustrated tone, you say, "Alright, listen closely, you moron; I'M HERE TO HELP YOU, and if you run away again, I will cut your legs off."

She looks you over slowly and lands on your emerald-green eyes, and she even seems to rethink her decision to run away. However, a moment later she says, "I know what your kind is capable of; do not try to sway me with kind words, and how can I believe you after what you just did?"

you slap your mask and sigh, This is extremely infuriating

"Trust me, if I wanted to hurt you, I would have done that long ago, and don't be on his side; angels are the worst of the worst out there; I mean, just look at those guys." You point at where the demon and angel bodies should be; however, they've already evaporated.

"Okay, you get what I mean now If you work with me, we can get this shit over with and we can go our separate ways forever."

She slowly looks you up and down in a suspicious manner. "Well, what do you want?"

You sigh in relief and say, "I just told you what I wanted to do, or was I imagining that? I just need to get you to the afterlife, nothing more, nothing less."

She once again looks you over, and you start to suspect she likes it. You think to yourself. However, you snap back when she says, "Hmm, I still do not believe you are here to help, but I will play along for now."

She sticks her hand out slowly in a greeting manner and says, "My name is Emilie Simon; it's a pleasure to meet you."

You look down at her hand and back up at her. "Oh, I don't reciprocate the feeling."