Chapter 7

As you walk, you slowly look her over, and curiosity eats away at you. Finally,  you can't take it and ask.

"How the hell do you look so good?!"

She looks at you shocked, and in an even more bewildered way, she asks, "What?"

"Well, looking at your past, you were a lot more ghoulish and disfigured, but how do you look so good now?"

She scratches her chin, trying to think of an answer. Keeping you in anticipation, she finally simply shrugs and says, "I have no idea."

That answer hurts worse than anything in the world. But she continued "I don't remember anything after I died; all I remember is being confronted by two reapers wearing masks and everything after that, but between my death and that? Nothing."

This answer is better, but after thinking it over carefully, you come to a horrifying realization: her body was possessed by a demon, and they feed off emotions like anger and vengeance, which would also explain her ghoulish look.

While you get lost in thought, you're brought back by a little tap on the shoulder, and with that, you get back to reality and look at your surroundings.

You've arrived at Emilie's old family house.

Of course, it looks much more decrepit than when you saw it in the flashback, and next to it are the foundations of the church that were burned down.

Emilie doesn't remember it, as her sole focus is on her home She slowly walks to the main door. When you hear a loud crunch, looking down, you immediately spot the source, which is a human femur bone and skull, or what's left of it.

Emilie simply ignores it and walks inside the home.

However, when she places her foot on the threshold, you see a woman with half her face cut off. Grab Emilie and drag her inside.

You run inside after her to help her, only to see her getting thrown around like the class thot; she has her head repeatedly smashed against the stone floor. She's then thrown through multiple beams of wood, even being impaled by a large chunk through her shoulder.

Two spirits hover in front of her, and they slowly inspect her.

Then you see one of them reaching for a knife, but before the spirits have time to do anything, you rush them and tackle the two of them, sending them flying back.

You suddenly hear loud and fast footsteps behind you, and out of instinct, you swing your leg back, hitting the target—in the head?

Looking down, you see a female spirit staring up at you. One of the spirits looks on in horror, and with a shout, she says, "How can you hit a little girl like that?!"

You simply shrugged in your answer, "Equal rights, equal fights."

As you say this, the little ghost girl launches herself at you, and you once again swing your foot; this time it makes contact and sends her shattering through the wooden wall beside you, sending dozens of splinters flying out.

Taking the opportunity, you grab a chunk, and with all your might, you launch it towards the woman spirit, piercing her through the chest and impaling her on the wall behind her.

Looking over the area, I see Emilie has dealt with the other spirit.

You suddenly get a hunch, and stepping closer, you look them over and notice all her family members, who have evidently been transformed into ghouls seeking vengeance for their deaths.

As you try to catch your breath after the fight, Emilie looks at you curiously. Having had enough thorough breaths, you ask, "What is it?"

"Why are we even here?"