Chapter 3

Once the dancing was finished, Stefan and Rosalie continued their conversation. The more they spoke, the more they felt as if they've known each other their whole lives.

Stefan felt almost human when he was around Rosalie, it both confused him and shocked him. He didn't understand why he felt the way he did around he, It wasn't anything romantic it felt more like a sibling bond.

"So, how long have you actually known the rest of the Mikaelson's?" Stefan asked.

"Well, I only met them today actually. My papa was travelling alone in the tenth century, where he met my mama and then a year later they adopted me. Papa never wanted me to meet his siblings, as he didn't trust them to keep me safe. He was always afraid that they, more specifically Klaus, would find us and possibly kill us" Rosalie answered.

"You seem to get along with them pretty well" The Salvatore pointed out.

"You could say that. Although, I'm a little hesitant to get to know Klaus. He's the main reason my papa was kept in a coffin for nine hundred years. But I don't hate him, I'm just not a huge fan at the moment" She chuckled, taking a sip of her wine.

"I'm sorry about that. I'm also sure you heard about what I did to your family a few weeks ago?" Stefan said, for some reason feeling rather guilty for stealing her family.

"Yeah, aunt Bekah told me. I mean, I don't like that you did it, but I can understand why. Klaus took everything from you, your freedom, your humanity" Stefan's heart fluttered at her words.

She was the first person to understand why he did what he did, although he now feels guilty for basically stealing more time away from her being with her father.

Before Stefan could reply, his brother came up to the two looking like her was on a mission.

"Sorry to interrupt this little chit chat, but I need my brother. Thanks" He smiled sarcastically, before pulling his brother away from the girl. Stefan quickly turned his head, and mouth a 'sorry' making her shake her head with a smile.

"Please don't tell me you have a, what is it called, oh yes a crush on the younger Salvatore?" Came the voice of Finn, making the girl jump and glare at him playfully.

"Papa, je n'ai pas le béguin pour lui. je viens juste de le rencontrer" She groaned, earning a teasing smirk from the original.

"Ce serait bien si vous le faisiez. Je préférerais que ce soit Stefan plutôt que Damon. Peut-être que je devrais avoir une conversation avec mon futur gendre" Finn grinned, making Rosalie gasp and slap his arm causing him to laugh.

"Papa, n'ose pas!" She whisper-shouted, feeling her face go bright red. Finn cooed and continued to tease his daughter.

She was embarrassed, because at first she thought there might something there but as they spoke it felt like they were more like siblings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The remainder of the ball went well, for while at least. The Mikaelson's didn't drink the spiked champagne, but made it seem like they did making Esther believe they were linked.

Rosalie was worried for her family, especially her father because of what their mother wants to do to them but of course Finn reassured her that everything would be alright and that nothing would happen to them.

Rosalie ended up staying at the mansion, per request by her father, uncles and aunt.

When it was morning, the younger vampire was awake before everyone else and decided to get herself some breakfast. But when she walked past the living room, she saw her uncle Kol reading a rather large book whilst nursing a glass of blood.