: CHAPTER TWO :

"Kunikida Kun

"Kunikida Kun. You should definitely write this-"

"Doppo san. He's so obviously lying."

Kunikida chases Dazai down the street, till we reach down the Agency's building entrance.

"Anyways Atsushi. You'll easily get a job here. But it seems like i have to check up on Kunikida and Dazai. Will you join me..?"

'He's blushing. Perfect. He's going to say-'

"Sure Kurta san!"

'Nice.'

As soon as we enter the Agency premises,  Dazai and Kunikida barge out of the door in the most sneakiest way possible.

"What now?"

They try to stabalize their breathing.

"Follow me, you three."

it was enough for them to follow me inside the room. I'm greeted by Tanizaki as the bomber. 'How sad. Yet cute.'
I smirk at Tanizaki, earning a cute smile from him, but quickly get back into character.

"What is it that you want, peasent?"

"Kurta san. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TALK TO YOUR OPPONENT!"

"Kunikida san. Calm do-"

Tanizaki attacks me, I instinctively dodge the attack in a way that Tanizaki can capture me. He fortunately understands that and captures me in an amazing chokehold.

"What the fuck."

"I am taking this pretty woman as a hostage as well. Now give me what i want."
Tanizaki pulls me closer to him. He makes me sit beside Naomi chan, but his hands are grabbing my hair still. I look up at him and he seems to be blushing with all the physical interactions he's had with me in the span of around 40 seconds.

"Leave the two hostages alone. Let them-"

"Right now. Sit on the table with all fours visible. NOW! OR YOU WON'T EVER SEE HER- THESE TWO EVER. AGAIN." Tanizaki grabs my neck in a certain way which is kind off hot. Naomi fakes her cry and rests her head on my shoulder.

I then notice the silver haired boy. Atsushi. he finally makes his entry. With newspapers???????????

"Hey. maybe instead of threatening an agency that protects everyone including you, you could just be a good man and leave the two ladies alone. You never know when you're faced with the option of death willingly or not willingly. But let me tell you. The pure... essence of death....... it will never be fulfilled.... if you just steal that opportunity away from yourself...."

Tanizaki and the rest of the agency seem to be creeped out by Atsushi's little speech, whereas Dazai and I seem to take an extreme liking towards this.

'Atsushi and Akutagawa would be an amazing duo...'

The both of us thought at the same time.

Before Tanizaki could say anything, Kunikida fake shoots him. Then I notice Dazai telling Atsushi something.

'Dazai. No.'

He just smirks at me after explaining something to Atsushi. I then see Atsushi sprint towards Naomi, ripping off the bomb jacket and just hugging it.

'Quiet Interesting...'

I look up at Atsushi with a smile.

"You passed."

Was all i could say. Atsushi looks back at me with a tiny blush. The rest of the members clap for Atsushi as i help him get up. I dust his back and chest and stretch my limbs.

Fukuzawa enters the room. I nod while looking at Fukuzawa. He smiles back.

"You passed. Dazai. Do you accept him? It seems that Miss Kurta has already made up her mind."

Dazai just smiles back in response. He's in. He got a job!

—————————————————————————

"That was fun."

I speak out, trying to break the uncomfortable and awkward silence created in our favorite cafe. Atsushi nods with me , violently shaking his head, in a similar way a dog would wag his tail for recieving affection from their favorite person.

"What does everyone want to drink? their usuals? or do they wanna drink what i drink...?"

i smirk.

"We'll take our usual-"

"Actually, i'm up for the offer kurta san!" atsushi speaks up.

"Alright."

On our table is placed, a cappuccino for naomi and tanizaki, latte for kunikida kun, black coffee for dazai and for atsushi and me-

"IS THIS IRISH WHISKEY?"

He instantly spits it out.

"Rude. get atsushi a regular."

I change atsushi's order as i take a sip of my drink, irish whiskey and light up a cigarette.

Atsushi just stares at me in awe. i look a bit confused by this behaviour.

"yes atsushi?"

"uh. nothing. you just look-"

"naomi. quit making out with your brother in front of our new recruit. at least for his first time at the job."

atsushi looks concerned as he sees how uncomfortablely naomi kisses and gets on top of her brother, tanizaki.

"well atsushi. we have a game for you to play.... only if you want to." dazai speaks up.

*Third Person P.O.V.*

(y/n) looks at Dazai. ahe looks a bit pale. he just smirks in return.

"what gane? i'm down." atsushi shyly looks at (y/n).

"Fine."

Dazai smiles. But how would this game turn out....?

?