ten

seeing her eat made me happier than it should have. but it felt good to see her eating again. i really am a weirdo. who gets happy seeing another person eat?

          "you wanna hang out some time?" she asks as she takes another bite from her pizza. i still, not sure if i heard her correctly.

           "why? " i ask, she frowns. i hadn't meant to sound so defensive i was just genuinely shocked by the idea.

          "sorry, it's just. . .i thought you hated me that's all." i try to explain. my palms moisten from my nervousness and i wipe them down over the front of my jeans. why does she always leave me in a blubbering mess?

          "i don't," she says simply. some loose curls come to the front of her face as she speaks and she quickly tucks them behind her ear. i wonder how her hair is, obviously it wouldn't be practical to try to run my hands through hee curly hair she might chop my hand off.

          "good, then i'd love to hang out." i chirp.

          "meet me at the park after school at 4?" she suggests and i nod.

          "cool," she grabs her tray and stands up. "where are you going?"

           "to clear my tray then i'm going to go freshen up in the bathroom." she says before turning on her heel and walking away.

           "oh. " oooohhh.

            i frown. my happiness is short lives as the realisation of what she's going to do hits me like a ton of bricks.

author's note

Thank you guys so much for all the support you've shown me :) I really appreciate it ♡ xx

Happy Skinny Love Wednesdays.