t w e n t y - f o u r

she pulled her hair back and tied it into a bun as we walked to the living room.

      "dinner will be ready in like twenty minutes." my mother yelled out.

      thanks to the vegan diet we had both adapted recently, dinners took a much shorter time than they did before.

      i plopped myself onto our worn couch, switching the television on.

      "you seem. . .tense." midnight stated.

      "well someone's observant." i nonchantly replied.

      "jace." her slim fingers pressed against my arm.

      "later," i simply said. i gently place her hand in mine slowly pulling it in between us, silently waiting for her retract it. happy that she doesn't.

       i flipped through the channels before settling on mtv. they were playing reruns of daria, it was an okay show so i let it play. i placed the remote on my knee.

       "you're a daria fan?" midnight asked.

      "eh."

      "oh my god! you totally are," she teased.

      "nope, i'm more into fantasy shows like the 100 and tomorrow people." i told her.

       "i absolutely love tomorrow people, i wish it got more recognition." she said.

       i turned my head to face her, eyebrows pulled up in suprise from hearing her say she was a tomorrow people fan. that was one of my favourite shows and not a lot of people knew about it. it was a pleasant suprise.

author's note

Happy Skinny Love Sundays!