(5) We Have a New Student

Wednesday morning I enter the school hallways and that's when a theory of mine is confirmed. High school is one of the best ways to spread news or even rumors.

That's exactly what's happening right now.

"OMG have you heard?! We have a new student!"

"Suzie saw him. And she said he's super hot!"

"They say he passed the first round for auditions for being an Abercrombie model!"

"I met him in the office. He's so sweet! I think I'm in love."

From these conversations floating around me, I already knew that our new student was super hot and... sweet.

I knew not to be excited as almost the same lines were said for our previous new student. He turned out to be a complete dork.

Suddenly I was attacked in the form of a hug from the back and in surprise, I let my books slip from my hands.

"SOPHIE! Heyy! Oops sorry 'bout your books, I'll pick them up for you," Michelle finished off sheepishly then bent down to pick my books up for me.

"Thanks sweetie. Now tell me, have you been having monster for breakfast again? You know that's not healthy!" I fake scolded her.

"Oh I don't care, it makes me active enough for the day!"

"Apparently hyper too."

"Whatever. Guess what? We have a-"

"-new student," I finished off for her.

She pouted, "You didn't let me finish. We have a hot, sexy new student!"

I rolled my eyes at her, "Oh puh-lease Mich! Don't you remember what happened last time?"

"Okay. I agree, last time people were saying he was really hot but instead he turned out to be a pimply geek. But this time, I saw him with my own two eyes. And when I say a guy is hot, he is hot. You do know I have good choice, right?"

"Yeah I know, 'cause you learnt from the master a.k.a me,"

Michelle playfully slapped me on the back and she was going to say something back when again I was bear- hugged from the back.

What's with everyone hugging me from the back today?

"Hello dearie! Excited 'bout the new pretty boy?" Brad asked teasingly.

Even though his tone was pleasant and teasing, I could sense steeliness under it. I nearly wanted to laugh. I didn't get why all boys felt threatened when a hottie enters a picture.

"What's funny?" Brad asks and that's when I realize I was laughing out loud. I composed myself then spoke.

"Nothing! And in answer to your previous question, no, I'm not excited to see him. But I am looking forward to seeing how pretty pretty boy really is."

Michelle scowled, "Stop calling him pretty boy! His name is Tristan. Oh even his name is so sexy!" She ended dreamily.

"Well, I personally think he looks like a cow. Besides, don't you have a boyfriend Michelle? I don't think Sam would appreciate you drooling over other guys," Brad ended smugly.

"I'm not drooling over him!" Michelle says defensively, "I'm just... appreciating the fineness of God's creation."

"Yeah. Right" Brad says back.

"Whatever! Well, now that I can't date Tristan, why don't you do it?" She directed the question at me. I had a feeling she was going to say something like that. Before I could answer, Brad did it for me.