(18) A Day At The Fair

It was a Saturday night and instead of partying, being out or watching movies with my friends, I was doing the one thing I hated the most; studying. I mean, who studies physics on a Saturday night? Oh right, that's me. And trust me, I wasn't enjoying one bit of this situation. 

I looked at the clock and saw the big hand had reached nine, that meant it was my time to break from studies, although I had strictly kept it a six-minute break only. Well, it was initially meant to be five minutes but knowing myself, I would have spent more time than that, that's why I granted myself a minute more. 

Jumping out of bed and stretching my body which had been in the same position for as long as I had been sitting there, which was quite some time, I headed downstairs to refill some noodles into my empty bowl from the pot on the stove. Mom and dad had gone out for dinner and had dropped Liam at my aunt's, so I was home alone. The thought of throwing a small party did cross my mind but my lovely parents had already warned me if I threw a party, I would be cruelly grounded till graduation and I sure as hell didn't wanna take the risk.

I headed upstairs then used up the remaining three minutes stuffing noodles into my mouth and surfing twitter. Of course, I ended up taking fifteen minutes instead of six but then I immediately got back to studying, which didn't last too long due to me being too stomach full and hence lazy.

"To hell with it." I muttered and put all my books and stationary on the floor, making place for myself to lay down on the bed. I stared at the phone in my hand, contemplating whether to call Sean or not. Since last night, I hadn't called or texted him once and neither did he. What is wrong with him? Just because he finally asked me out as Rick does not mean he should stop talking to me as Carla. Was he just using me to ask 'Sophie' out? I had to admit that thought kind of hurt.

Just then, a song blasted from my phone making me jump in surprise, then I realized a second later the phone was ringing. I looked at the caller to see it's the devil himself. Just kidding, it's Sean. Despite of me being upset with him, I couldn't help the huge smile that broke out across my face when I saw his name. 

"Hello." I answered after a few rings, disguising my happiness with a bored tone.

"Hey Carla. Gosh I'm so sorry for replying this late. You see, I had forgotten this phone at my aunt's place and only just came back to pick it up." He immediately started explaining and I felt like kicking myself for judging him so fast without a reason.

"Oh um, it's alright. Actually, I thought you were ignoring me or something..." I admitted totally embarrassed.

"Why would I ignore you?" He asks with a small laugh.

"No reason. So, what you doing?" I ask in an attempt to change the subject, and it thankfully works.

He sighed, "I'm just studying history. The fun." He muttered sarcastically and I laughed as I knew I was in the same situation as him.

"Same." I replied then after a moment's hesitation asked him something I had been itching to ask ever since yesterday. "So, did you ask Sophie out?" I asked as casually as I could.

"Yeah. Hey, I gotta go feed my dog, I'll talk to you later okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, was it just me or was he acting strange? Didn't he want to tell me the details of how he felt when asking me out? Gah, he's so confusing.

"Yeah sure. Bye, I'll talk to you later." I said and he hung up after saying the same words to me.

I got back to my studying and managed to successfully complete a chapter before I switched on my laptop and started watching a movie, all thoughts of studying now out of the window. Half way through the movie I fell asleep then woke back up before my laptop could slide off the bed. I put everything on the floor beside my bed and went to sleep.