(12) One More Off The List

Uploading from my phone so can't use bold and italics :/ Enjoy reading! :)

_________________________

So I really am lucky. Well not amazingly lucky but still, it's a date with Tristan, I'm supposed to feel lucky. I'm giddy with excitement actually. About twenty four and some more hours later, I'll be sitting across him at a table and- Oh stop with the silly daydreams Sophie.

I look up at the clock and see it's only five minutes more till lunchtime. Thank God! After the remaining time passing painfully slow, the bell finally rings. Just as we are all about to push our chairs back and rush out of the class, Mrs. Nancy tells us all to wait and that she'll just take a minute of ours. Yeah right, that's what they all say.

"Class, I just want to say you all have been amazing students despite your troublesome times," she says and her eyes skim the class resting on the troublemakers, especially me. "I'll be travelling downtown, a close relative of mine is seriously ill and I need to be with her-" a few 'oh so sorry!' 'Hope she gets well soon' 'we'll miss you!' erupts from the students and she gives an grateful smile then carries on.

"So in the meantime, another teacher will take my place, I have no idea who it'll be. I just want to remind you students to work extremely hard as your final exams are in three weeks." Oh shit, I completely forgot about the finals! Groans and worried murmurs are sounded from everyone.

She says some more 'emotional' stuff about how she's going to miss us etcetera. Honestly, I couldn't be much bothered.

Michelle and Brad are waiting outside for me and we walk to the cafeteria together talking about the finals that absolutely none of us are prepared for. Screw it, I mean, what is copying off and last minute cramming for?

We buy our lunch and carry it to our table. In my tray is a packet of fries, beef burger and a can of coke. Brad's taken the same as me except that he has two pizza slices more, one of which I'm going to steal ofcourse. Michelle sticks with salad today as she's had a heavy breakfast.

We join Rick and Sam at the table and eat together, joke around and gossip. We don't even realize the day passing by so quickly with almost all our subject teachers reminding us about the upcoming final exams.

After school, I accompany Michelle to the Mall as she needs new jeans, I wouldn't mind some new shoes either. She parks her car near the entrance and we walk in together. Michelle enters the store and my phone rings, it's my mom. Oh, I forgot to tell her I'll be at the mall after school, oops. I answer it but I can't hear her voice clearly, it's cracking a lot, too many damn people using their phones right now. I signal to Michelle that I'll be right back and head outside where there is clearer signal.

I finish talking to her and hang up. Just as I'm about to head back inside, I hear a far-away whimpering. I stand still and try to hear more clearly and I can hear a guys rough voice and some more scared whimpering. The sounds are coming from a small alley- type that is just a ten- steps walk away. So I head over to investigate and when I reach I see there I see a tall, built guy backing up a small kid against the wall, which is a dead- end. Oh hell no am I going to let him continue bullying the poor kid.

As I'm marching over angrily towards them, I hear the guy rudely telling the kid something.

"What are you staring at with such wide eyes? You see your dead mama coming to help you?" he says snickering. Oh my God he's so cruel! I just want to punch him so badly such that he can't speak so stupid stuff again. Wait a second, that voice sounded awfully familiar, I just couldn't catch whose voice it was, we'll I'll find out right now anyways.

I reach him and turn him around throwing a punch at his face. It's when he's at the ground cupping his jaw that I see who it is. To say I'm bloody shocked and surprised as hell is a major understatement.