(8) New Friends

New Friends

"Michelle, come on! Let's just sit for a minute kay?" I asked tired already. It was just a half past eight on a Saturday morning and she was already dragging me to the cloth and jewellery stores. We must have entered at-least eight stores, tried on almost all the items there, asked the price, then get out. And Michelle would give the same excuse to almost all the shop owners saying that she didn't have enough money at the moment but she'd surely come back later. Later meaning never, of course.

"You're such a wimp! Come on, you need the exercise, you've been eating too much calory food lately," she reminded me. I scowled at her and sat on the mall bench taking out my twix chocolate.

"There you go, more calories!" She scolded me.

"Oh shut up. Just sit here till I'm done with it," I tell her and she sits by me sulking. But then she jumps up and starts waving her hands towards someone far away. I don't look up to see who it is as I'm busy trying to chuck the chocolate wrapper into Michelle's purse without her noticing.

"Brad, Rick! Over here!" She shouts out to them. They then walk towards us and I notice Sam isn't with them.

"Where's Sam? I though he was coming with you guys..?" Michelle asks.

"Yeah but he couldn't come. Something about the bed not letting him go," Brad replies.

"Seriously?" She asks exasperated, "He promised he'd come!"

"Yeah. It's a pity, your boyfriend is ditching you for his bed. I wonder why..." Rick trailed off then winked. Leave it up to Rick to be negative minded even for this matter, I think while smirking. In our group, Rick and I were the negative-minded perverts while Brad and Michelle were almost clean minded. Sam as usual, balanced in the middle.

Just as Michelle was going to take a swing at his head with her purse, he moved out of the way quickly and called to someone.

"Hey Dean!" he calls out to a guy who looked like he was being forced to enter a shop by two girls, most probably his friends. He turned around shaking off the girls from his arms. He walked towards us grinning widely, either because he didn't have to go shopping or he was just happy to see Rick. I'm guessing a bit of both.

Whatever the reasons were, I had to admit, Dean was very handsome. He had jet black hair which came to his ears and a light shade of blue eyes. His face was smooth and he had an adorable smile which he was flashing at us. It made me smile a bit too in return.

"Hey man, long time!" He said giving Rick a bro- hug. Behind him are his friends, the two girls who were probably dragging him inside the shop.

Rick introduces me, Michelle and Brad to them while Dean introduces his two friends; Lola and Fleur, they each give a mocking bow when they're introduced. Lola and Fleur are both blonds but Fleur has a lighter shade of blond while Lola's is dark. Lola has same color eyes as Dean while Fleur shares the color with me, dark green.

"Even though he's introduced us already, I'm Sophie and it's good to meet you guys!" I say and shake my hand with each of them. Not the formal handshake, a normal friendly one.

"Alright, what we doing now?" Michelle asks.

"Oh let's go to that game place! It looks huge and awesome!" Lola says excitedly.

I grin and link my arm with hers, "You good at dancing sweetie?" I ask her.

"Yeah... Why?" She asks slightly confused.

"Well, they have that dance game over there, we could play that. I'm tired of playing with these idiots," I nod towards my friends, "they're too easy, I win all the time with them. I need good competition," I say and she's smiling widely.