(3) Say WHAT?

Sorry for the long wait.. Here, enjoy :) x

______________________________________________________

Say WHAT? 

I think I just choked on air. This guy needed my help to get together with... ME?!

Is the world coming to end? Or did I just hear him wrong? I must have, that's the only answer.

"Sophie Anderson?" I asked, emphasizing on my last name. I probably heard it wrong. I mean, there are a million Sophie's out there, I could've got the Anderson wrong.

"Yup! The one and only, Sophie Anderson," He replied. I could actually hear the smile in his voice.

Oh God....

With me just silent over the phone, he probably sensed something was wrong, "Something wrong..." He trailed off. "Uh, what's your name again sweetheart?"

Deep breathes Sophie, I instructed myself, Inhale and exhale. Ok, this was getting crazy.

First, I'm punished so have to work at the hot-line for depressed teens. Then, I have a guy with a totally sexy voice and not depressed calling to ask help for getting a girl. Then I learn that girl is actually me! Now this is what you can call a total co-incidence.

"Umm... We're not allowed to give our names away. And... Yeah, everything's quite dandy!" I exclaimed nervously. At least I was being honest about not being able to give our names away..

Wait... Why was I being nervous in the first place? Get over it, I scolded myself. I'm Sophie Anderson for God's sake! I'm the care-free and don't-give-a-shit type of girl. Besides, I had guys asking me a lot of times. So why was I being so nervous like this?

Maybe it's because I have a totally hot guy asking my help to get together with me...  I mean, a guy with a sexy voice has to be sexy in looks! And this was over the phone!

What if it's actually Harry Styles?! I thought excitedly. Nah, he was miles away now...

I sighed, I was acting stupid. Besides, I could only know who this guy was if I stopped acting silly and carried on with the conversation. I took another deep breath and asked him his name.

"So, I was wondering, what's your name?" I asked, my heart racing in anticipation.

"Hmm... Why do you wanna know my name huh? You know, you could just ask me for my number, I'd gladly give it to you," I could hear the smirk in his voice.

In a normal situation, I'd have said something very sarcastic to tone down his ego. But now, I just wanted to know his name, so I ignored the sarcastic answer which was on the tip of my tongue and tried thinking of an excuse where he would give me his name.

"Well, um... You see, we need to know the person's name so we can write it down in the records," Wow, I really am good at making excuses. Unfortunately, not good enough in this case.

"Good excuse there, but I've worked in a hotline centre before. They don't need records girl."

Shit.

"Come on, please just tell me your name!" Great, I've resorted to begging. How pitiful.

He laughed, "Why are you suddenly acting so weird?"  I probably did sound like that as I was just casually talking and joking with him over the phone, then I go all weird when he tells me the girls name, that is, my name.